Friday, March 22, 2013

Kathy, Ting, Bach and Men That Are Naked or Nearly So



I read an interesting article by Kathy Baldock over at Canyonwalker Connections yesterday. In 'Why Does it Take Us So Long to Comprehend Equality?', Kathy relates her own journey to advocacy for LGBT's as well as she talks about the recent evolutions to support for Marriage Equality of Bill and Hilary Clinton and Pastor Rob Bell, all of whom I have posted about here recently.  Everyone who is LGBT, a family member/loved one or one of our straight ally's has taken their own journey to acceptance and support just as I was explaining to one of my transgender friends on Skype the other night.  What matters most is not how long the journey took, but that we indeed took the journey.  Some people never complete the journey which is really sad because they miss out on the relationships they could have embraced and enjoyed.  Kathy rightly states that the journey is sometimes painful, but in the end it is so very worth it.  I love her concluding statement also: "In this messy mix of questions and doubt and pain, there is the hope of resolution. Let’s not regret the chances we did not take, the relationships we were too afraid to have and the decisions we took to long to make."  Very well said indeed!

I recently changed my cell phone service from Sprint to Ting.  Ting uses the Sprint network for service but charges just a fraction of the price that Sprint does for the same service.  My call plan at Sprint gave me 450 anytime minutes and unlimited text messages for which they charged me 69.95 a month.  With Ting, you can customize your own calling plan with selections for Talk Minutes, Text Messages and Data Usage.  Freebies include - picture/video messaging - voicemail - call forwarding - three-way calling - tethering - hotspotting - number porting (in or out) - and, of course, account cancellation.  I was able to keep my same phone number when I switched over which saved me from having to notify everyone what my new number was and change the number in all my accounts.  The Basic billing rate at Ting is $6 per device plus your calling plan.  I chose 400 Talk Minutes and 100 Text Messages (way more than I need), I did not choose any Data Usage as I do not use my phone for Internet, I have plenty of that here at home.  My plan as customized by me is $18 per month plus taxes or $19.62 per month, 25 per cent of what Sprint charged me for basically the same services.  If you go over your chosen plan, Ting does not charge you exorbitant overage rates like at Sprint, they just courteously bump you up one level in service.  If you do not use all the time you have paid for at the end of the month, they credit the unused portion back to you.  Ting supports many of the most advanced phones though not the I-Phone, yet, so you may be able to bring your current phone over to Ting.  If you can't they have very reasonable prices on new and refurbished phones.  If you purchase a phone as I did, you receive a $25 credit when you activate the phone.  If you use my personal referral link to sign up for Ting, you get a $25 credit at the end of your first billing cycle and so will I.  They have a savings calculator on the website so you can compare what you have now and see what it will cost on Ting.  I have had excellent customer service and support so far to answer all my questions and get me started off on the right foot.  I was referred to Ting by sexephil on You Tube so we will both get a $25 credit at the end of my first billing cycle.  I really can't speak more highly of Ting,  it seems to be the best thing since sliced bread as far as cell phone service goes. I certainly have not been able to find a less expensive rate anywhere, especially for a personally customized calling plan.  If you want to save some bucks on your cell phone service, check them out using my personal referral link and see for yourself if it would be good for you. 

I completely spaced that yesterday was the 338th birthday of Johann Sebastian Bach.  So as a belated happy birthday to dear old Johann, your Musical Moment for today features three of his Violin Concerti.  The play list includes the Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in A Minor, BWV1041; the Concerto in E Major for Violin and Orchestra, BWV1042 and the Double Concerto for 2 Violins and Orchestra in D Minor, BWV1043.  The performance today is by the English Chamber Orchestra conducted by Salvatore Accardo featuring Anne-Sophie Mutter on Solo Violin from the CD.  Salvatore Accardo plays the second Solo Violin also on the Double Concerto. 

Then to really get you into the weekend state of mind, there is this week's collection of lick ably delicious young men who are completely Naked or Nearly So lounging about for you to cruise and peruse on your leisurely scroll down the page.  Thanks for spending some time with me here at Nichevo.  Be sure to check in over the weekend for this week's review of the Best of the Web This Week, I have already collected more than 1600 photographs with one more day to go for collecting.  My little experiment with Nichevo @ Tumbler has given me many new sources for photos so I will have more to sort through and more to share.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: