Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Day To Remember



History will be made at 10 AM Eastern Time this morning when the Supreme Court of the United States will convene to hear oral arguments in the Perry v Hollingsworth Prop 8 case. This momentous occasion will mark the first time the LGBT Civil Right to Marriage Equality will be brought before the highest court  in the land.  Tomorrow SCOTUS will hear oral arguments in the Windsor v US DOMA case.  As I said in yesterday's post, there is and will be a great deal of verbiage in the media on this topic as SCOTUS considers the pros and cons, ultimately issuing their ruling in late June.  I thought I would link you to some of the more profound or interesting articles that have been published thus far to mark this momentous occasion.  Forthwith the list, read them at your leisure:


Your Musical Moment for today features 5 Concerti for Oboe/Oboe d'Amore by Johann Sebastian Bach.  The play list includes the A Major, BWV1055; the G Minor, BWV1056; the D Minor, BWV1059; the D Major, BWV1053 and the C Minor, BWV1060 from this CD.  The performance today is by the Cologne Chamber Orchestra conducted by Helmut Muller-Bruhl with Christian Hommel on Solo Oboe/Oboe dAmore.

I have decided I needed to add some spice to the themes of eye candy that I usually post.  Therefore I will be debuting some new themes this week which I hope you will find to your liking.  For today's theme, I dived into my archives to select this collection of the more hirsute gentlemen and/or men with beautiful eyes in a theme I call Furrier and Eyes.  This theme plays off the 19th century lithographic artists Nathanial Currier and James Merritt Ives whose hand colored black and white lithographs were extremely popular then as they are now.  The Currier and Ives iconic artwork has been celebrated since 1857 and I tried to select photographs that are worthy of this play on words.  I hope you will appreciate these hairy hunks and/or men with startlingly beautiful eyes.  Thank you for spending part of this momentous day here at Nichevo, see you again on the morrow.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: