Saturday, November 03, 2012

Best of the Web This Week

Welcome to the weekend and this week's photo review of the Best of the Web This Week.  Out of the nearly 900 photographs I gathered this week, I winnowed it down to 60  that IMHO qualify for the "best of" sobriquet.  I am liking the new format that allows for a larger photo display as it greatly enhances your ability to appreciate the quality of the photographs.  Some of the photos in today's collection could not be displayed in the extra large or original sizes due to the size of the original photograph, so I had to settle for the large size instead.  But all in all it is a great collection which I am sure you will appreciate.  You Tube was being obstinate this morning, refusing to give me an embed code for the play list I created to accompany your cruise down the page.  I cleared my browser cache, closed the browser and ran Crap Cleaner, even going so far as to restart my computer to clear whatever fog You Tube was in.  Alas nothing worked to enable me to obtain an embed code.  In desperation, I sent the link for the play list to Will via Messenger and asked him to see if he could get an embed code.  You Tube must have it in for me this morning as it gave Will an embed code on the first try.  Sometimes the inconsistency and vagaries of computer operations and communications via the Internet just buffalo me.  All's well that ends well, however, and I have the play list embedded for your listening pleasure as you scroll down the page to appreciate today's collection.  I figured you all had had enough Beethoven for this week, so I found a couple of videos I thought you would like by another composer.  From Hercules Hall in Munich, we have recordings of two live performances of the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra featuring the works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Beginning with this 2008 performance under the baton of Sir Colin Davis of the Violin Concerto Number 5 in A Major, K219, 'Turkish', featuring Nikolaj Znaider on solo Violin.  Followed by this 2011 performance conducted by Herbert Blomstedt of Symphony Number 39 in E Flat Major, K543.  With a run time just over an hour, the music should give you plenty of accompaniment for a leisurely scroll down the page.  Thanks for choosing to spend some of your weekend here at Nichevo, see you again on Monday.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!

**update:  apparently the embed code Will gave me was for only the Violin Concerto, it has now been corrected to the embed code for the play list.**






















































































Posted by Picasa

No comments: