Friday, October 05, 2012

Orlando Cruz Comes Out



I have a doctor's appointment this morning, so I will be brief.  I did want to mention that the uber macho world of Professional Boxing now has its first openly Gay fighter in the Number 4 Ranked Featherweight, Orlando Cruz.  In a statement to the press after taping a Telemundo appearance scheduled for Monday, Cruz said "I want to try to be the best role model I can be for kids who might look into boxing as a sport and a professional career. I have and will always be a proud Puerto Rican. I have always been and always will be a proud gay man."  I certainly applaud his brave stance and welcome him to the ranks of the Out and Proud.  We need more athletes in the world of sports to follow his example to provide more visible role models for LGBT youth to emulate.  Congratulations Orlando, welcome aboard.

Today's music video is Pictures From An Exhibition by Modest Mussorgsky as arranged by Maurice Ravel with a performance by The National Radio Orchestra, Bucherest conducted by Valentin Doni.  Hot on the heels of the video is this week's collection of delightfully delicious and immodest men who are Naked Or Nearly So.  Thanks for the visit, be sure to stop by tomorrow for this week's photographic review of the Best of the Web This Week.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!
































Posted by Picasa

No comments: