Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Football, Marriage, Music And Men



 I am a little bit late getting this post up because my Firefox profile got corrupted and I had to jump through some hoops to fix it.  At first I thought it was a problem with  Blogger because none of my posts would show up in my dashboard.  However between Will and I, we managed to get it back to where I wanted it and it works like it should.  Now on to what I was going to write about in the first place.  The Cowboys lost miserably on MNF to the Chicago Bears 34-18 with Tony Romo throwing 5 interceptions to greatly aid the pummeling at the hands of the Bears.  They now have to wait until the 14th for their next chance at redemption when they travel to Baltimore to play the Ravens.  Could be a long two weeks listening to all the crap in the media.  On a more positive NFL note, Minnesota Viking Punter Chris Kluwe has had a couple of excellent responses to opponents of Marriage Equality  on his blog.  First there was this commentary from douchecanoe Riley Balling, which prompted Chris's most eloquent response.  Then just yesterday, Baltimore Raven, Minnesota native and faithful Catholic, Matt Birk, made this video parroting Catholic talking points.  If you are like me, then you probably do not wish to take advice from the serial child rapists disguised as 'holy' men.  However, Chris took the time to refute all of Matt's arguments point by point in this equally eloquent response.  I find it very hard not to be a Viking fan with stand up guys like Chris wading into the trenches of the culture war on our side.  One of the best parts of this response  gets right to the point "...if your response is “We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it”, well, for a lot of people that bridge is here right now. They’re trying to cross it, but the way is barred, and I will do my best to tear those barricades down any way I can because I believe that we are infringing on the free will of other human beings by denying them their basic right to live free of oppression."  I could not have said it better myself.  My thanks to you Chris for your able and eloquent defense of the cause of Equality for All.

Now for the music, I have the video I was going to post yesterday before I got off into my Mellow Cello Mood.  The video is of Symphony Number 3 by Franz Schmidt with a performance by the Malmo Symphony Orchestra under the baton of Vassily Sinaisky.  Schmidt's Third Symphony was written in 1927--28 and dedicated to the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, which gave the first performance on 2 December 1928 under Franz Schalk at the Musikverein. It was awarded first prize of the Austrian zone of the International Prize of the Columbia Graphophone Company of New York for the best continuation of or symphony in the spirit of the Unfinished Symphony, in connection with the 1928 celebration of the centenary of Schubert's death. The work is scored for pairs of flutes, oboes, clarinets and bassoons, four horns, two trumpets, three trombones, timpani and a large string section.  Following close on the heels of the video is a rather fetching collection of hard bodied beauties that make up this week's Tuesday's Temptations.  Thanks for the visit, see you tomorrow.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!



































Posted by Picasa

No comments: