Saturday, October 27, 2012

Best of the Web This Week







I have worked my way out of yesterday's funk into a semi-melancholy mood this morning.  I spent most of my day at the computer, watching a couple of movies and entering into the discovery process of videos to post for next week.  I think you will be pleased with what I have discovered for your aural appreciation.  I then began to sort through the over 1000 photographs I have gathered this week to select the very best for your review today.  Once again, I have chosen those photographs that immediately grab your attention through form or substance, paying particular attention to those which illustrate the interplay of shadow and light on the beauty that is the male form.  From the discovery process for videos for posting next week, I have chosen one of the most powerful and beautiful early works of Ludwig von Beethoven to accompany your perusal of the Best of the Web This Week.  The video is of a 1952 recording of Symphony Number 3 in E Flat Major, 'Eroica', Opus 55 with a performance by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by the late, great Wilhelm Furtwangler.  The combination of Beethoven, the Vienna Philharmonic and Furtwangler is as powerful and dynamic as the photographs which follow the video.  I bid you happy weekend and look forward to seeing you again on Monday.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!































































Posted by Picasa

No comments: