Monday, October 15, 2012

Ally Week Begins Post A Very Wretched Weekend



Suffice it to say that I did not have much to amuse me after getting Saturday's post up.  That was really the highlight of the weekend as everything else went to hell in a hand basket in a hurry.  I don't even want to talk about the Cowboy game, I am still pissed off about how they fucked that one up.  By the time I got home this morning, I needed to chill for a while, take a power nap, then eat some comfort food.  All of which I did.  I am in a little better frame of mind now, however, I am sure you do not wish to hear a laundry list of my bitches, so let's move on to more positive territory, shall we?



Today begins Ally Week 2012 when we celebrate all the allied friends and family of the LGBT community.  The week culminates on  Friday the 19th with Spirit Day when wearing the color purple shows your support for those who are or have been the victims of bullying.  I liked the purple idea so much that I painted the blog purple for the whole month, I may keep it around longer as I think it really makes the blog look good.  Part of the way we celebrate the week is to:

Take the Ally Pledge!
I believe all students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression deserve to feel safe and supported. That means I pledge to:
  • Not use anti-LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) language or slurs.
  • Intervene, if I safely can, in situations where students are being harassed or tell an adult.
  • Support efforts to end bullying and harassment.
  • Encourage others to be Allies.
To Take the Ally Pledge all you have to do is click here.  You can also find Ally Week On Facebook.  By all means, let your Allies know how much you appreciate their support.


On Friday be sure to wear your Purple for People to show your support for Spirit Day and celebrate with your Friends and Allies all week long in the Spirit of Love and Inclusion.  Stand up and be counted in the fight against bullying and harassment.

Now for the entertainment portion of this post, I have video of Symphony Number 5 by Sir Arnold Bax with a performance by the London Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Bryden Thompson.  The painting in the video is Capital Caverns by Bakenius, who can be found at Deviant Art.  Then of course it would not be Monday if I did not have some healthy hunks strutting their stuff in their best Monday's Undies for you to admire and desire.  Just scroll on down the page while listening to the Symphony and get your eyes full to your hearts content.  That takes care of today, lets see what I come up with for tomorrow, see you then.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!

































Posted by Picasa

No comments: