Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Surprise! Surprise!


It had to be the biggest 'No Shit, Sherlock' moment in the modern history of coming out.  In a surprise move, my favorite journalist (along with millions of others), AC360 host Anderson Cooper confirmed to Gay blogger Andrew Sullivan in an email that he was, indeed, Gay.  Said Cooper:

"The fact is, I’m gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud," he wrote in an email to Sullivan.

The "AC360" host also explains why he has decided to keep quite on the issue for so long.

"I have always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family, and my colleagues. In a perfect world, I don’t think it’s anyone else’s business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted," he wrote. "I’m not an activist, but I am a human being and I don’t give that up by being a journalist."

Not that it is anyone else's business, but Anderson's visibility and stature as a successful journalist and TV newsman will be sure to inspire hope in many corners of the world as another example that a person can be Gay and highly successful in life.  As I have long contended, the more visible and 'normal' we are or appear to be, the less likely the general public is to 'fear' us.  It really is harder to hate someone you know than someone you don't.  Anderson Cooper has always stood on the right side of the fight for equality and against discrimination and bullying and many, many times has called 'bull shit' on those right wing nuts  who are shoveling shit against the tide of history and equality in a very public way on his AC360 program.  I say congratulations and keep up the good work.  Maybe next, as he resides in New York, we will see him marry the love of his life, who knows? 

With that out of the way, let's get on to the music and the men.  Continuing in the Baroque period and with Italian composers, I have another great play list for you today.  Pietro Antonio Locatelli wrote a set of 12 Concerti for Violin, Strings and Basso Continuo, Opus 3 collectively called 'The Art of the Violin'. Today's play list encompasses the first three from this set; Concerti Numbers 1 in D Major; 2 in C Minor; and 3 in F Major. All three concerti are performed by Il Reale Concerto featuring Luca Fanfoni as both conductor and soloist.  following on the heels of the play list is another sizzling edition of Sexy Studs in Swimwear lounging about the pools and beaches of the world for your visual edification.   Have a great Tuesday, thanks for stopping by.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!































Posted by Picasa

No comments: