Monday, July 02, 2012

Weekend Bright Spot and Keyboard Virtuosos


Sunday night was pretty mellow after a Friday and Saturday that were balls to the wall busy all night long.  Friday and Saturday both had their fair shares of drunkenness, stupidity and sloth, enough to drive any sane man crazy in a heart beat. The bright spot in the whole weekend was the return to the fold of one of my favorite ex-employees, Jacob, who worked with me on Saturday and Sunday.  It only took minimal training on new items that had come along since he had been gone to bring him up to speed.  It was really just like old times when he and I were the main night shift guys for the longest period of just about any employees, past or present.  It  does not hurt that he is excellent eye candy either, with that lean and lithe form of kick boxer that is hard all over.    Unfortunately, he plays for the other team, dammit!  Ah well, as I have always said anyway, I don't need to be getting my meat where I get my bread.  (But it don't hurt to look!)

So I guess that brings us to what I have in store for you guys today.  I am sticking with the Baroque period musically, with music by the 6th son of Allessandro Scarlatti, Domenico.  Domenico Scarlatti, in addition to being a composer, was also a keyboard virtuoso said to rival Handel in his skills.  Born in 1685, the same year as both Bach and Handel, he first studied under his father then went on to write 555 keyboard sonatas.  I have 15 of these sonatas written for the harpsichord in today's play list. They are Sonata in A Major (K.24), Sonata in D Minor (K.141), Sonata In G Minor (K.426), Sonata in G Major (K.427), Sonata in C Minor (K.158), Sonata in C Major (K.159), Sonata in A Major (K.208), Sonata in A Major (K.209), Sonata in E Major (K.46), Sonata in G Minor (K.30) 'The Cat's Fugue', Sonata in E Major (K.380) 'Cortege', Sonata in E Major (K.381), Sonata in D Major (K.118), Sonata in D Major (K.119), and Sonata in D Minor (K.120), all performed by American Harpsichord virtuoso of Russian lineage, Igor Kipnis.  The painting depicted in the video is 'Capriccio' by Antonio Joli.  In addition to the beautiful painting, for your viewing pleasure, I have 30 hale and hearty  hard bodied men more or less clad in the best Monday's Undies cavorting about the page below the video.  That should kick start your week in the manner to which you have become accustomed in these pages.  Thanks for stopping in to say 'hello', see you again tomorrow.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!
 






























Posted by Picasa

No comments: