Wednesday, March 04, 2009

New Schedule, New Stumble

Cook's Bay, Moorea, Tahiti


While I have been off the last couple of days, I have, as is my nature, spent a lot of time on the web seeing what I could see. I have also spent almost equal measures of time catching up on the sleep I have not been getting here of late. As a result, I have gathered more photos, completely caught up both my gmail and greader, and rendered my body clock into an abstract work of art. My new schedule is sure to keep my body clock in its flux wtf mode for some time as it is a combination of Days, Eves and Midnights that will surely leave me wondering what day it truly is. I did end up with two days off each week compared to the one I have been getting which is good news and a sign of progress in the store. I can be nothing if not adaptable, so I will work my posting schedule around my work schedule while keeping to the publishing schedule of M-F you all have come to expect each week. My off days will be Tuesdays and Fridays and there is also a stretch of some 30 hours between the time I get off at 4 PM on Saturdays and the time I go to work on Sundays at 10 PM. All in all not a bad schedule but one that will keep my body wondering what time it is and why it should be functioning at an optimum level at that time. This will probably provide some comic relief to report here on the blog as time goes by. One thing that will not change is the unpredictable events of each day that occur when dealing with the general public in a retail environment. One can never tell what is going to happen until it happens. We can identify trends and track past performance, but the future is always a mystery until it is the present. Then we just have to roll with what we got. Keeps life interesting and gives me plenty of things to write about.

One of the tools I use to wander the web is a program called Stumble Upon which is integrated into my FF3 as a toggable toolbar. Stumble Upon is a customizable random search engine that will take you places you never thought about going of which I have written about in past pages here. I never fail to find some interesting or off beat article, cartoon or photograph, most of which end up before your eyes on these pages. You can download Stumble Upon for FF or if you use the Evil Empire's browser you can download Stumble Upon for IE and experience the magic yourselves. One of the things I ran across during my recent Stumbles was an article written in 1996 by a blogger with the nom de plume of The Plaid Adder. The Fine Art of Being Come Out To: A Straight Person's Guide To Gay Etiquette is a comprehensive guide to the do's and don'ts of dealing with the complex issues surrounding coming out and being come out to told with humor and insight. The article is not available on The Plaid Adder's server any longer but is at the link above in its entirety. It is a fun read, although lengthy, and could be used as a resource for those well meaning but hapless folks among your friends who have the misfortune of being totally heterosexual with no clue as to the social graces involved in dealing with the whole coming out discourse. Have a look and laugh, then forward it to your friends in need of either a good laugh or serious education on the subject.

That brings us down to the eye candy now doesn't it? I thought we would revisit another theme that is a favorite of mine. Men With Ink, especially those with that "bad boy" look generally trip my trigger pretty hard. So I thought you might like to cast your eyes upon these "Bad Boys" and their ink. Until next time always, Enjoy!









































Posted by Picasa

No comments: