Monday, April 28, 2008

Good Fortune


Mountain Reflection At Sunrise Glacier National Park, Montana

I was wrong about Sunday being an easier day behind the desk at least for the first half of my shift then things settled down for the most part. We had a little drama when one of our long term guests who's happy meal is missing a couple of nuggets and the fries had to be removed to more appropriate quarters not of his choosing. This involved conferences with parents and owners, neighbors and relatives and various and sundry other parties of interest. Then after everything calmed down the owner, Mr Taj took me in his office and asked if I would like him to train me to be the Front Desk Manager to which I replied an enthusiastic "Yes!". So I guess I was correct in my assessment as being ahead of the learning curve. This of course would mean more responsibilities and duties but it does come with a nice raise. Once again this leads me to believe there was a reason for events of the recent past to come to pass in order to bring me to this place at this time. How fortunate I was to be able to discern the opportunity when it knocked on the door whereupon I seized it eagerly. Now I am once again poised for progress at the right time in a place I truly enjoy. How often does one get to enjoy such a run of good fortune? In my lifetime there have not been so many times like these so that it would be foolish and unwise of me to screw this up. Therefore I will apply my most diligent efforts to take advantage of the opportunity as it has presented itself. I could ask no less of myself and I will accept no less from myself than the best I can give. Maybe this is the place is just right where I am supposed to be for whatever reason be it my skill set or my personality or something else more karmic or supernatural. All I know is I am happy to be here to enjoy the ride and will do what I can to make sure it lasts a good long time.

So I guess you can say my week has started off pretty good. My schedule will remain the same this week with day shifts on Monday Friday and Sunday, Audit shifts on Tuesday and Wednesday and off on Thursday and Saturday. I hope your week has started as good as mine. To help that along a little bit I have some excellent selections for the eye candy for today. Until next time as always, Enjoy!
































Posted by Picasa

No comments: