Tuesday, April 29, 2008

PDA's And Piano By Miano

Windmills At Ginfresa Salt Pans
Marsala, Sicily, Italy


When I finished my shift last night, I got to my place and in the midst of changing into comfies, turned on my computer. I have a few blogs that I read every day in a bookmark folder for easy reference and one of these that I read every day is London Calling Luv written by a guy named Nuno in London, Ontario, Canada. He posted this first video and the accompanying ABC News release on Monday and I thought enough of the piece to bring it to you here at Nichevo. It is a recent story done by ABC News Magazine 20/20 and their ongoing experiment with Public Displays of Affection (PDA). Take a look at the video and leave me your thoughts in a comment.


Two years ago, ABC News hired two actors, a man and a woman, to publicly display their affection for each other by kissing in public at a restaurant. Reactions from other restaurant-goers varied; some onlookers enjoyed the sight of young love, while others lost their appetite. This year, we once again decided to explore how the public responds to public displays of affection -- but this time, our couples were gay. ABC News asked two couples, Kaolin and James, and Ashby and Leslie, to sit on park benches in Verona, N.J., and then in Birmingham, Ala., to see if there were any differences in reaction among passersby in the two regions of the country. Although all four individuals were actors, showing their love and affection for each other was far from acting. Kaolin and James have been in a committed relationship for two years, while Ashby and Leslie are a married couple who have been together for eight years. (ABC News)


20/20 P D A






Back in February last year I introduced my friend from Germany, Kai Miano, to you as the February Mystery Guest. Kai is a pianist and all of his current recordings are available for download at his Sound-In-Time website. It has been a while since I have brought you any of his music here so I found two videos that I have not posted. The first is a song Conrong Nho (which is Vietnamese for "little dragon") features amateur video of dancers who are real game players from the Guild Wars. It is a really cool video and that is followed by another piece "Playing For Bung". I do not know who Bung is or if I should know but the song is beautiful and is the latest uploaded to his You Tube! Page. I hope you like the videos and the eye candy following close behind them. Until next time as always, Enjoy!

Kai Miano Conrong Nho




Kai Miano Playing For Bung






































Posted by Picasa

No comments: