Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Diversity In Black And White


First of all let me apologize for not posting yesterday as I just flat ran out of time. I feel guilty somehow, but as Woodsmn told me in his last note, sometime we readers don't have time to read every day so turnabout is fair play. I still feel guilty but I will live with it. It does seem that my time is at a premium during the week and sometimes it is difficult to get everything done. It just got late last night and rather than slap something together just to have a post was not fair to you, my loyal readers, so I put it off until today. I also must correct my error on Monday's post, I identified Kendall's blog incorrectly it is actually The Way I See It not As I See It, so Kendall please forgive me. Tonights post is again about diversity however all the colors are displayed in black and white. There is just something about black and white photography which draws the viewer to the photo without the emphasis of color. It is dramatic and sensual with a stark realism that a color photo cannot give you.


As long as we are on the subject of diversity, if you are a fan of Hispanic men you must really see Beautiful Thursday today. The model is Cacco Ricci Souza from Brazil. That man could F*** me on the freeway and sell tickets. He is definitely a hot blooded Latin man with all the goods. But I digress. I get that way when presented with such a hot man, unfortunately I do not have a black and white photo of him so you will just have to follow the link above to see him for yourself.


George is on the TV tonight trying to make a case for more lambs to the slaughter. Kendall in his blog today asked the right questions, How many American soldiers, How many Iraqis, How much money do we have to spend, How low does the reputation of the United States have to sink before this President admits this is a failed policy? I myself would like to know the answer to that same question. I would like to know as well why all of the sudden he is considering changing DA/DT so Gay Americans would be eligible to serve. Are we good enough to die but not good enough to live without prejudice or marry like heterosexuals or have the same civil rights as all other Americans? I doubt that George has a good answer other than his pig headed-ness and inability to admit his mistakes. I think the new Congress will be all for tearing him a new one before this goes too far.


This has been a busy but very interesting week at work as I have been in class most of it. The sales training we are receiving is unlike other courses that I have taken. It stems from our corporate philosophy, but the information is good and usable in the real world not just hype and BS. It definitely is not boring. They keep the groups small so there is a lot of interaction with other members of the class and the instructor who has presented it in a down to earth yet professional manner. Each day that I work there I am more impressed with the company as a whole and my department in particular. I really feel like I have found a work home at last which is remarkable in and of itself. It has been a long time getting here, but I think I will stay a while.


I just had a knock on my door. It seems that Conjoined roomie has suddenly found himself with out a home and he came to ask if he could stay a few days with me. Of course Uncle Gerry said yes, I may not have a pot to piss in, but I cannot turn away a boy in trouble. I would much rather have him here safe than sleeping under a bridge. I have the room and I just don't think it would be the right thing to do to leave him on the street. I guess I will have to think of a new nickname for him as he is now my roommate and I don't think he is going to Conjoin with me. That is okay though, I have never required sex in exchange for friendship and I feel honored that he now trusts me enough to ask me. Six months ago this would not have happened or even been in the realm of possibility. I will keep you posted on how it goes.


Funny how life presents you with opportunities to do good unto others. A few months ago, this boy was as frightened of me as if I had a knife to his throat, but he has been coming around more of late and talking to me about all the happenings in his life, his confusion on some issues, just the normal 18 year old male stuff. Boys are really all the same, they have their issues but what they need most is love and understanding. I seem to have the ability to bring them out of themselves and open up to me. They have told me some of the damnedest stuff over the years, but I always have a ready ear. Sometimes I don't even have to say anything, just let them work in out in their own mind while I provide a sounding board. Maybe it is that knack for listening to them instead of blowing off their thoughts as invalid just because they are not adults fully grown or dismissing their concerns as trivial. What seems trivial to us is often times monumental to them. This may be a long night, it may not, I will just have to take it as it comes.



So life just gets curiouser and curiouser as we go along. That is good, as I hate to be bored and this should prove to be interesting. Never a dull moment at Uncle Gerry's house, there is always something going on. So I just try to go with the flow and then write about it. Speaking of writing, I got an email from Ted Trent today consenting to an interview, all I have to do is send him the questions. So I will be getting that together shortly so that I can present it to you. The man has a similar background to mine as he was raised Southern baptist also. Be looking for the interview coming your way soon.


It is getting late so I will have to cut myself off, 4:30 comes early and I do need my beauty sleep. Keep reading and let me know what you like and what you don't by posting a comment or writing to my email as listed in my profile. I will try not to miss any more days posting, but sometimes I might during the week so be patient with me. Until next time then as laways, Enjoy!

















3 comments:

Ryan said...

george says nothing new and still looks like a monkey and he pisses me off so much but lets move on the eye candy makes me happy!

Anonymous said...

This was a reassuring post in that it clearly demonstrated care and love on your part. Well done.
George will drag America to the bottom of the heap and not care how many lives he costs doing it. This is all about oil--nothing more. I would venture to guess that we are about the most hated country in the world thanks to him. Like Ryan, he makes me ashamed to be an American.
It is interesting how you reached out to a "lost" boy, but isn't that typical of our community? We reach out and offer a helping hand when our straight friends do not.
There's Much substance to you, Uncle. You're much more than just smoke and talk.
Beautiful music, and the eye candy wasn't bad either. I think we'll keep you.
Let us know which freeway you choose for your banging. We might want to drive by.
Damn paparazzi!!!

Brandy said...

Thank you for the warm welcome. And yes, everyone looks absolutely delicious! Get some sleep and I'll see you in the morning.