Thursday, January 11, 2007

Random Rants and Beautiful Boys



Well by now you all know George made an ass of himself last night on TV so we don't even need to go there as you are probably looking for something to take your mind away from the idiocy he portrays so well. I saw something on somewhere in my reading today, I wish I could remember where, but the gist of it was a solution to George's little problem and the solution was resignation and suicide. I laughed, but I think the guy was serious and it just might solve a couple of our problems but then we would be stuck with President Cheney for the next two years and that could possibly be worse, it certainly would not be better. Why is it that old men get up in arms and young men (and women) have to die for it? There has got to be a better solution than war. Maybe we should outlaw religion and then only the religious would be outlaws. That is a little harsh but more has been done in the name of religion to harm the people of the world in the course of history than any other cause. Thank God I am spiritual and not religious, a peacemaker not a war monger, and too old to die for Georges foolishness.


As long as I am picking on religion I might as well link you to this video from Phoenix where the Exodus folks have put up a billboard for their Feb 10 Love Won Out convention and here is the take on it from Ex-Gay Watch. The people have yet to realize that they are not going to do anything but F*** up peoples heads instead of helping them. To take vulnerable people and fill their heads so full of S*** they can't see straight (sorry, I mean forward) is not helping them. These groups have caused more wanton destruction of life in their attempts to "cure" those who are not sick. It took me 25 years to be able to accept myself because I listened to these religious charlatans instead of the voice of God in my soul telling me "you are my child, I love you, just believe me when I say it unto you, go forth and love one another". I don't know which god they listen to over at Exodus, but is certainly not the One I know.



On to other things, it is interesting to have teenagers around again. When they decide to trust you and just be themselves, a lot of the angst goes away because someone listens to them. How many times have you felt better just because someone listened to you? I don't know why more adults don't open their ears instead of their mouths, we would be way better off. Each human has two ears and one mouth, they should be used in the same ratio. Listen more talk less, love one another, judge not, these are just basic truths that more people should adhere to. Especially when dealing with adolescents. They put up a good front but they are still fragile and forming the basis for the rest of their lives. Why alienate them and drive them to take unnecessary risks with their lives with physical and substance abuse just because we don't listen to them when they have something to say? I am glad that I still have room in my heart and my house for those that have no other place where someone will listen to them and allow them the freedom of expression they so desperately need. Spread a little love, it goes a long way.



Jeez, it is 10:00 already, time flies when you are having fun. I guess I will have to wrap this up for tonight pretty quickly. Tomorrow is my first payday with the new job, I did not think it would ever get here, it has been almost 3 months to the day since my last one. Progress at last, how glad I am of that. It is also Friday so I don't have to go to bed so early, maybe I can put together a longer post. As it is I must say good night, but I will leave you with something to look at. So until next time as always, Enjoy!





















All photos processed with Picasa2
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ryan said...

mom told me if i cant say anything nice not 2 say anything but i would nt b me if i did that so george yes i agree with u is an ass!

love the boys makes me hard hehe!

Anonymous said...

AND I agree with you and Ryan both. We laid to rest a 22y/o soldier in the Veterans National Cemetery here the other day, and it just made me feel so bad to see our young being lost for nothing.
I don't want to send more troops to Iraq! We've lost too many already. I'm praying Congress will balk and say NO to the slaughter.