Friday, January 12, 2007

Rainy Night In Dallas



It is a rainy, rainy night in Dallas. It held off until traffic timeand then all hell cut loose. You do not want to be on the road when it storms like this in Big D. I t screwed up the trafific, the bus schedules, people, event the terminal floor had two inches of water on it just from blowing under the doors. By the time I got home at 8 I was wet miserable and hungry, but I had money in my pocket for the first time in months and supper was already cooked and waiting for me on the stove. So I guess I should not bitch too loudly less someone think that I am an ingrate. I was a little disconcerted as I had fallen 28 cents short on a $ 1.50 fee at the bank and it cost me $26.50 to set it right, F*****g banks. God if I could do without one I would but they are a necessary evil in these modern times. Boy do they like to screw you when your down. Enough, Uncle, this is supposed to be a happy blog. OK, I will quit bitching now, promise.



Now that I would get wet for, wouldn't you? I did think it was awful nice of Str8roomie to have supper on the stove when I got home as he knew I was going to be late getting here. It is amazing what young ones can do if you allow them to breathe. I will have to help him work on his neatness a little bit, but as long as he can contain it in his area and not spread it all over the house I imagine I can live with it. What teenager do you know who doesn't have a pile of clothes somewhere? they are so fun to watch when they bring their friends by, they have a hard time believing someone as old as me can be cool. If that is what they call it now days, I am a little behind on teen speak. I am sure I will catch on pretty quick or die trying. Uncle Gerry is pretty adaptable and I like being able to provide the safe haven that is necessary in their young lives.


It was a good week at work as I learned a lot in the classes I took and have made some more new friends. My natural smartassiness fits in well with the the others around the office. The whole atmosphere is up beat and positive without the constant grousing found in so many offices. We have a diverse group of people in the office here and we have offices in I think 57 countries, so we are definitely cover the whole spectrum of humanity within the corporate community. One of the more successful ladies in the office calls me New Boy and the floor manager that sits across from me and next to her has picked up on it and they are both as big a smartass as me, so we have a lot of fun at odd moments during the day. It is really great to be able to laugh and have fun while you are in the process of making money. I don't come home all bitchy and so tired I don't want to see anyone. True my mind has gone through some overload in this learning phase which is only natural when you try to stuff that much data into it at once. It works it s way into usable form through application and experience so it will only get better from here. I like the fact that there is no forced retirement and the long list of employee with 20-40 years with the company. It bodes well for my future there.


It is supposed to freeze tonight and with all this water around it should prove to be an interesting morning. I am just glad that it is a weekend and there will not be a need for that many people to be on the road early like during the week. They drive bad enough around here in the rain, add ice to the formula and it is like a free for all on the freeways. The side streets are not much better but at least they don't usually go as fast there as on the interstates. You would think people would remember to slow down. If you are on the road this weekend in Big D, drive very carefully and if you are drinking please think about alternate methods of travel than trying to drive drunk on the water and ice. I would like to see you back here in one piece.


Monday is MLK day, in the Advocate on line edition there was a great piece of commentary by the Rev. Irene Monroe illustrating the tie between Dr. King and the modern Civil Rights movement involving LGBT Americans and the leadership of Bishop Gene Robinson. You can read it here. Dr. King believed in equality for all people, not limiting it by any means or groups. It took me a long time to understand all that he stood for and what his life means to us as Gay people. I am proud that he is an American icon, and I am ashamed that a white man shot him. We need more people like him. Bishop Robinson is very much akin to Dr. King in his philosophy and in his love and acceptance of all peoples with out limits. Much can be learned from the lives of both men. As we celebrate Dr. King's legacy, let's support Bishop Robinson in his efforts to bring inclusion and respect for all peoples to a reality in this great country. Take a moment this weekend to say a prayer that we may all enjoy the fruits of their labors in our lifetimes.



I will be working on the questions I want to ask Ted Trent in the interview and hope to have them out to him before the weekend is over. If there is something in particular you would like to know about him or his site Out of the Closet TV drop me an email to the address in my profile and we will work it into the interview. When he responds, we will get it posted as soon as possible. I look forward to bringing to you. The man is a pioneer in internet content for LGBT persons and I know he will have some interesting things to say. Look for it here coming soon.


the NFL play offs continue this weekend with the divisional rounds, I have not had time to check the schedule but I will report the results as they happen. I am rooting for San Diego to kick some major ass. I would like to see the Saints kick some too. That would be a good Super Bowl and I don't know if I could choose between them for a favorite. Indy might surprise us all and actually get there this year. I don't really foresee the NFC winning this year, but one can never tell for on any given Sunday, stranger things have happened on the gridiron.


That is about it for me tonight. I am kind of bushed but happy. My world is not perfect and I have a ways to go for total stability. I will get there and bring you along for the ride. I will of course provide you with the usual eye candy finale for your view pleasure, so until nextime as always, Enjoy!
























All photos processed with Picasa2
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the dude with the flower behind his ear! It's too bad that people cannot shed the expectations that Society puts on them and just be themselves. Society's dictated roles seldom are correct. I think if we had less interference from political and religious zealots people could co-exist happily...accepting Life as Life comes: a wonderful mix of flowers from All Nations.
Let's hope we can all learn to stop and smell the roses and embrace and appreciate everyone for the worth and talents each brings.
Great post! Stay dry!