Monday, January 08, 2007

Color And Diversity


I received a comment on a recent post saying the reader was glad to see me feature more men of color here at Nichevo. I thought "I am glad that someone noticed" as I have been trying to present more diversity in the men that populate Nichevo. I have no prejudice when it comes to men, I have dated and had sex with men of many nations and all the colors of the spectrum. They all have their pluses and minuses because after all they are men, right? While I have a personal hot spot for Hispanic men, I am not adverse to being attracted to any man as long as I find him attractive. Being as I am just your run of the mill white guy, sometimes I tend to post pictures of what I wish I looked like or what I will never be and try as I might I have been unsuccessful at changing my skin color. I am afraid I am stuck with lily white but I try to hide it with a tan. Being also a natural redhead, this is sometimes a painful experience as my fair complexion requires extreme care in the beginning stages of the tanning process or I end up red all over. The point being that I will make a concerted effort to display all types and colors of men available in my archives or wherever I may find them for you. If nothing else Nichevo is interactive because I do listen to you guys when you tell me what you want to see.


I heard from someone today that I had not heard from in a while and just want to shout out to the Woodsmn that I am so glad to hear from you and am certainly glad that we had not lost contact. I have enjoyed our many conversations and look forward to talking to you again soon. I also heard from Ryan who I was worried about as we had not chatted in a few days. Turns out he has had the flu and was not spending much time on line. However his mom and Mike have been taking care of him so I needn't have worried but I do anyway. Kendall posted a comment this morning also and I am glad to see he is coming back around after such a busy holiday and his misadventures with Mr Personality at work. Yes, Kendall I keep up with As I See It although here lately my time has been at a premium and I have to catch up with everyone on the weekends.



Str8Boytoy came by on Sunday and worked on my MySpace page and visited for a while. He was without Conjoined Roomie as he had not come home from Saturday night's party, he must have met a girl that kept him occupied. He also came by for a visit this week with out any "protection" in the form of another str8 male so we are making progress in his trust of me and my "evil" intentions of which there are none. I have respect for him as a person, it has just taken him some time to realize I was not about to prey on his body without permission. I am glad to see he is finally relaxing enough to want to visit and talk without fear. That is how the world changes, one person at a time and we must all do our part in conquering the fear that begets hatred and bigotry. I do like str8 men, I just can't seem to figure out why they like women (LOL!).


I continue to progress in my new job and have started making new friends there and even picked up a couple of new readers, one in particular I would like to shout out to is Brandy who has shown many kindnesses already and I am glad that we are becoming friends. She is named after the Looking Glass song that came out while I was still in Viet Nam and a DJ on the ships radio station. I was the morning DJ on WAMR aboard the USS America that has been decommissioned and sunk last year in testing new weaponry to see if it would kill a carrier. It did work as the America is at the bottom of the Atlantic trench with lots of holes in her. So welcome aboard Brandy, I hope you like the articles as much as the men you see here.


Eukolos over at Once You Go Asian has been running some interesting posts on color, diversity and Ambercombieism I suggest you take a look at. He is a good writer and features a lot of beautiful Asian men on his blog. He has a World of Color series that describes and delineates the meaning of the colors in eight different post also featuring very hot Asian men which is well worth the time investment to read. I discovered him through his other blog Auto-Gratification when it was reviewed by Best Gay Blogs. I found his writing to be concise and to the point so I went over to check out OYGA and found I like that too. It is always good to discover blogs with a different view point than my own as it adds to my continuing education. I never want to stop learning as if I do I feel like my life would become stagnant. I want to stay fresh and alive for as long as possible. I am not ready to give up the ship yet, I have many more seas to traverse. Maybe I can catch a ride with this guy!



Gal Pal has called and is on her way over, I just hope she doesn't keep me up too late. If she does I will make her buy me some energy supplements for work tomorrow. Telephone sales take a lot of energy and I do not want to lag there as the extra income from commissions is what is going to hurry my return to fiscal fitness. So I guess I will wrap up as I find it hard to write when she is here, way too much distraction. I will meet you here again tomorrow, so until then as always, Enjoy!


















All photographs processed with Picasa2
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ryan said...

nice eye candy as always! we need 2 catch up soon i miss r talks!