Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Of Note In The News



I enjoyed my day off, catching up on all my feeds, chores and rest in one fell swoop.  While checking out my feeds I ran across a few things to which I thought I would link you for consumption at your own convenience.  Here is what I found:






You Tuesday Musical Moment features the Berlin Symphonies of Carl Philipp Emmanuel Bach.  Included in the play list are 1. Symphony for 2 oboes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in E flat major, H. 654, Wq. 179 0:00; 2. Symphony for 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in F major, H. 656, Wq. 181 11:17; 3. Symphony for 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo, H. 649, Wq. 174 22:14; 4. Symphony for 2 flutes, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, strings & continuo in F major, H. 650, Wq. 175 31:19 and 5. Symphony for 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in E minor, H. 653, Wq. 178 41:39.  Today's performance is by the Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach Chamber Orchestra under the baton of Hartmut Haenchen. 

Back in the 70's there was a popular folk-rock storyteller by the name of Cat Stevens who wrote some powerfully good music.  In 1976, Cat Stevens almost drowned off the coast of Malibu. In his panic, he says, he shouted, "Oh, God! If you save me, I will work for you" — at which point he recalls a wave that came and carried him ashore. He converted to Islam, changed his name and left the pop world after one last album in 1978.  He resurfaced in 2006 with a new record, Tell 'Em I'm Gone. From that album of great blues covers and originals, produced with Rick Rubin, Yusuf plays some powerful new music, as well as the 1967 classic "The First Cut Is the Deepest".  Yusuf/Cat recently gave a 'Tiny Desk Concert' in the offices of National Public Radio which includes 'First Cut' as well as finishing up with my favorite of his songs "Father and Son".  You may hear the entire Tiny Desk Concert over on my tumblr

Then what would Tuesday be without some sultry studs lying in wait to lead you down the garden path into temptation?  I think you will find this week's edition of Tuesday's Temptations will provide plenty of inspiration for temptation.  Additional inspiration can be viewed over on my tumblr where Alex Santaniello is your Hottie of the Day!.  Thanks for the visit, see you again tomorrow.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!

























Posted by Picasa

No comments: