Friday, October 03, 2014

Procrastination Station



Well I have procrastinated long enough, it is time to put pen to paper so to speak.  I have pretty much lazed my way through the day, napping a lot in preparation for my extra long Fraturday.  I work my usual 5 PM to 3 AM tonight but rather than come back at 3 or 5 I have to be back in the saddle at Noon tomorrow and work until 8.  Basically an 18 out of 25 hour stretch that will probably wear me out pretty much.  That's why there is frozen pizza for dinner tomorrow, I will not be up to a big dinner production when I do finally get home tomorrow night.  That being said, I still need to gather up something for your entertainment and edification before heading out to work my ass off.  To that end, here goes:

I was listening to the local Classical Station, WRR while out and about the other day and a violin concerto was played by today's featured composer Englishman Frederick Delius.  Born in the north of England to a prosperous mercantile family, he resisted attempts to recruit him to commerce. He was sent to Florida in the United States in 1884 to manage an orange plantation. There he soon neglected his managerial duties, and in 1886 returned to Europe. Having been influenced by African-American music during his short stay in Florida, he began composing. After a brief period of formal musical study in Germany beginning in 1886, he embarked on a full-time career as a composer in Paris and then in nearby Grez-sur-Loing, where he and his wife Jelka lived for the rest of their lives, except during the First World War.

Frederick Delius wrote his Florida Suite in 1888 and it was largely forgotten until the 1960's when Sir Thomas Beecham, a friend of the composer, made a reedition. Here, Delius showcases his musical memories and inspirations from his two years in the United States of America.  The Florida Suite is in four movements: 1. Daybreak (0:00 - 12:35); 2. By the River (12:36 - 19:14); 3. Sunset (19:15 - 29:15) and 4. At Night (29:16 - 37:57).  Today's performance is by the Welsh Opera Orchestra conducted by Sir Charles Groves.  You may hear more of Delius' Music over on my tumblr with his Double Concerto for Violin and Cello featuring Yehudi Menuhin on Violin and Paul Tortelier on Cello accompanied by the London Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Meredith Davies.  

While enjoying the mental vacation evoked by Delius's Music, I have quite the comely collection of fit young lads who exude sensuality and sexiness at every turn.  They should provide plenty of Fantasy Fuel for this Friday.  However if they are not enough, bet a load of the Bodacious Butt on the Hottie of the Day! over on my tumblr.  Thanks for hanging around until I got here.  Be sure to check in tomorrow night for your Saturday at the Symphony Evening Concert as well as this week's Naked or Nearly So.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!
 


























Posted by Picasa

No comments: