Friday, September 19, 2014

More Maintenance Misadventures



In case you did not notice, time and circumstances conspired to prevent my getting a post put together for you yesterday.  I did not sleep well on Wednesday night after staying up much too late being there for a friend in need.  When I did try to return to the sleep state, the maintenance man comes knocking on the door and therein lies the tale.  You guys remember this post last Thursday where I told you about Corporate Maintenance coming to properly install the water heater to bring it up to code.   At the same time, they pointed out the A/C unit was also not up to code and would have to be repaired.  Unfortunately this task was assigned to on-site maintenance rather than Corporate and they have yet to affect repairs.  When they told us they were going to make those repairs which would take the A/C off line for a period of time we put one of the two window A/C units we have into Will's window to keep the computers cool when they do the repairs.  The maintenance man when I answered the door yesterday handed me a notice of lease violation for having the window unit in.  The notice said I had to contact management within 24 hours.  

I called the office this morning and spoke with la bruja malvada del oeste who is the manager about this notice.  She tried to tell me window units were not allowed.  I told her we could not find any thing in the lease specifically stating the prohibition of window units.  She then tried to bully me saying that as long as the A/C was working properly the window unit was not allowed and asked me if my A/C was working properly and I said yes but you guys said it does not meet code and needed to be repaired and you have not done it.  Then she uped the ante and said well the city does not allow them.  I said "I don't believe that to be true, we have had window units in other apartments when the A/C was a problem."  I did not point out that just across the street in another complex there are clearly window units installed.  She replied the city would be out here this morning and we will see what they say.  I said OK.  

I said that knowing that the code officer was coming to my apartment this morning to look at the situation.  The code officer just now left my place, the window unit is staying in the window, the repairs must be made by Tuesday, and la bruja malvada del oeste will not harass us about the window unit.  Will is overjoyed and I have a smirk on my face knowing that la bruja will be furious that she could not intimidate or bully us into accommodating her capricious whims and petty power plays.  The bonus is that we now have a time table set by the city for the repairs to be done and there is nothing la bruja can do about it (evil laughter ensues!).

Turning to more entertaining subjects, I received an email this morning from Canadian Cellist Stéphane Tétreault which read:



Stéphane Tétreault has sent you a message
You can reply to this message by visiting your messages.

Hi,

Take a look at an excerpt from my first performance in France. The full concert is available for free on Medici.tv. Hope you enjoy!

Stephane

My first CD "Stephane Tetreault - Saint-Saens & Tchaikovsky" with the Quebec Symphony Orchestra is available for download on iTunes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXmf1GQdw70




I have posted the clip below and you can click over to medici.tv for the performance at your leisure. 





Because I did not get a post up yesterday, your Musical Moment play list for today features the Opus 1 Trio Sonatas of Arcangelo Corelli performed by Musica Amphion that was planned for yesterday and you may hear his Opus 2 Trio Sonatas over on my tumblr

Also because I did not get a post up yesterday, your Man Art collection for this Friday is a combo affair of  muscly Men in Jeans and fabulous Fantasy Fuel all rolled into one.  You will find theses sizzling hot works of art on display below the play list.  You may also wish to take a Wilderness Adventure with today's Hottie of the Day! over on my tumblr.  Thank you for the visit, be sure to join me for the Saturday at the Symphony Evening Concert tomorrow night.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!


























Posted by Picasa

No comments: