Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mental Malaise



Today is one of those dark mental days full of Mental Malaise.  You know the ones, where one feels like nothing more than rolling over, going back to sleep and ignoring the world.  Unfortunately, I am not usually afforded the opportunity to just veg.  I have too many 'obligations' to others to completely ignore their needs while I battle my demons.  Sometimes it just does not seem worth the fight.  However, to survive the onslaught of depression, I usually turn to some of my favorite music to lift my spirits which is what I intend to do this morning.  

One of my favorite composers as you know is Antonio Vivaldi.  As long time readers, you will also be familiar with my love for the Cello.  Therefore your Musical Moment for this Tuesday features both Vivaldi and the Cello.  Today's play list includes Concerto for Cello, Strings and Basso Continuo in A minor RV 422; Concerto for Cello, Strings and Basso Continuo in D minor RV 407; Concerto for Cello, Strings and Basso Continuo in G minor RV 416, Concerto for Cello, Strings and Basso Continuo in B flat major RV 423; Concerto for Cello, Strings and Basso Continuo in C minor RV 402; Concerto for Cello, Strings and Basso Continuo in A minor RV 420 and the Concerto for Cello, Strings and Basso Continuo in D minor RV 405.  Todays performance is by Sonatori de la Gioiosa Marca featuring Walter Vestidello [cello]; Giorgio Fava [violin]; Roberto Falcone [violin]; Judit Földes [viola]; Nicola Dal Maso [violone]; Giancarlo Pavan [double bass]; Giancarlo Rado [archlute] and Gianpietro Rosato [harpsichord, organ].  You may also hear Vivaldi's Cello Sonata Number 3 in A Minor performed by Jaap ter Linden: Cello and Judith-Maria Becker: Cello over on my tumblr.

In addition to the mellow cello of Vivaldi, one of my favorite things to do is find just the right Fine Art photographs for your viewing pleasure.  Today's collection of the sultry and seductive Tuesday's Temptations should brighten everyone's day as well as the Pretty Boy Hottie of the Day! over on my tumblr.  Thanks for stopping in, sorry I am not in a better mood, but I will eventually get over it.  See you again soon.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!
























Posted by Picasa

No comments: