Monday, July 14, 2014

The Weekend From Hell



Where do I even begin?  I suppose a profuse apology for not getting a post up on Saturday is in order first,  There were extenuating circumstances, like The Longest Day on Thursday spawned the Weekend From Hell.  Friday is my longest day at work with a scheduled 10 hour shift from 5 PM to 3 AM with multiple deliveries that get there between 10:30 PM and 1 AM.  Before I can leave at 3 AM, everything has to be put away and cleaned up which is not generally a problem.  Friday was also 7/11 which meant free small Slurpees  from 11-7.  Advertising free Slurpees to the general public is like tossing a bleeding dolphin in a swarming school of sharks, only messier.  I spent the first two hours of my shift mopping up Slurpees, sort of like shoveling shit against the tide.  After 7 it took me to almost 8 before I could get the last of the Slurpee up off the floor.  They got Slurpee stickiness in every square inch of the store.  Then we had people coming up with small Slurpees saying this is my free Slurpee and we had to inform them that the freebies stopped at 7.  Some people paid, others just left them on the counter and walked out.  

After about 9 we had finally finished with most of the people who were insisting they deserved a free Slurpee even though the time had passed for that privilege.  Then we started getting the beer runs and the drunks which is always 'such a pleasure' on Fridays.  Luckily the trucks arrived a bit early and we actually got everything done by 2:30 so I went on home.  Frazzled, exhausted and mentally spent, I took a Xanex, smoked a couple of bowls with my neighbor and went to bed.  I slept until it was time to go to work, so I figured I would put up a late post like I did a couple of weeks ago.  It was not to be.  

While I was at work my blood sugar crashed down to  64 and when I ate something to help bring it up, it shot up to 233 and was bouncing around, making me very ill in the process.  Our store is centrally located to the campus of UNT Health Science Center which means we have lots of doctors and medical students as customers.  Thankfully, there were a few around, but I was unable to stabilize enough to be able to continue working.  I could barely walk, much less perform my duties.  I scared my coworker so badly she called the boss.  He came in, took me home and worked in my place.  When I got home, I went straight to bed, the when Will got up at his usual time, he woke me up to find out why I was not at work.  This did not sit well with me at all.  To wake me up out of a sound sleep when I am ill just to play 20 questions is a sure way to piss me off.  Will would not stop asking questions, so I picked myself up and went to my neighbor's.  He fed me some feel good medicine and allowed me to just sleep.  When I would wake up, he would stick another bowl in my hand to put me back to sleep.  

I got to feeling somewhat better by Sunday morning although I was still weak from the stress and strain of the week on my mind and body.  I did a little grocery shopping, put dinner in a slow oven, then went to work.  About 7 PM I got a series of texts from my niece saying Mother was having problems breathing even with the ventilator and the staff on duty thought she might pass on to the next world very soon.  So I left work, changed clothes and went to the hospital.  By the time I got there, the staff had managed to stabilize her some.  My brothers and niece were there and we took turns sitting by her side and holding her hand.  Sadly there was no response from my Mother.  The doctors are going to try a sedation break today to see if she can come around and try to communicate, but there is not a lot of hope there for that.  My niece, the RN, has spoken with all the doctors and nurses and she expects we may have 2 or 3 days before she takes the decision from our hands and passes on to her reward.  Although I am sure to be distraught when she actually does pass, I have great comfort in knowing that the last words we said to each other were "I Love You".  

Here in just a bit, I am going to go sit with her until we have the meeting with the doctors at 2 to evaluate where she is at and what we should do.  It is going to be a high stress week which will probably end in a funeral.  I will post on as much of a regular schedule as I can, but there may be some days, I just don't get a post up.  I hope you all will be understanding and bear with me through this end phase of my Mother's life.  Please keep my family in your thoughts (and prayers if you pray).  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your Monday with Mozart features 4 Sonatas for Violin and Piano performed beautifully by Anne-Sophie Mutter and Lambert Orkis.  Included in the play list are Sonata for Piano and Violin in F, K.376; Sonata for Piano and Violin in E flat, K.302; Sonata for Piano and Violin in G, K.379 and Sonata for Piano and Violin in B flat, K.454.  You may also hear Mozart's very first Sonata for Violin and Piano, K6 written when Mozart was only 6 years of age over on my tumblr.  

Then as is the usual course of events here at Nichevo on Mondays, there is a marvelous selection of lithesome lads in their Monday's Undies to inspire and titillate you on display after the play list.  There is also additional inspiration in the Hottie of the Day! over on my tumblr.  Thanks for kick starting your week here in these pages, see you again soon.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!

































Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bailey;-) said...

Y'all are in our thoughts. If there's anything you need, please let us know. **huggz**