Saturday, November 17, 2012

Best of the Web This Week


When I go on my quests for photographs appropriate for display here at Nichevo, I gather quite a number of them.  Yet I do not collect every photograph I come across, as some of them just do not appeal to me or my sense of the art of the male form making my selections somewhat subjective to my tastes.  However, I still end up with a goodly number of photographs on a weekly basis.  Although this week's gathering is somewhat smaller than last resulting in fewer photographs for your review, I think you will agree that the photographs I have chosen are equal to the sobriquet "Best of".  I strive for the photographs that immediately arrest your attention and hold it, be it for form, subject, lighting or something intrinsic that defies accurate definition.  To be sure, shadow and light play a big part in the presentation of the subject of the photograph with its delicate interplay over the lines, curves and planes of the male body as an art form.  As is my usual bent, I tend to choose those photographs that suggest or intimate sexual fervor over the more explicit depictions, although there are times when an explicit display is simply the best expression.  It is with great joy that I share these photographs with you on a daily and weekly basis, knowing there are others who seem to appreciate my unique talent for spotting and gathering the beautiful to share with you as you leisurely scroll down the page.

Last week's Saturday Soundtrack featured the complete Cello works of Antonio Vivaldi and this week's Saturday Soundtrack also focuses on the Cello as the instrument of choice.  From this 2010 4 CD set, I bring you the complete Cello Sonatas of Luigi Boccherini performed by Luigi Puxeddu accompanied, when appropriate, by I Virtuosi Della Rotonda.  Run time on the video is 4 3/4 hours, perfect for your examination of the artworks below or as a backdrop for any day when you are in the mood for some Mellow Cello.  Thanks for spending part of your weekend here at Nichevo, see you again on Monday.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!







































































Posted by Picasa

No comments: