Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Cup Truly Runneth Over....



..... with Great Stuff to share with you today!  As we continue our celebration of Ally Week and in preparation for Spirit Day tomorrow, I will start with a new video from my friend Elliot London and the Friend Project.  Ali is a transgendered teen in small town Arkansas and this is her story:


Next up is the speech that one of our fiercest Allies, Actor Judith Light, gave at the Empire State Pride Agenda Fall Dinner last weekend where she was given the Douglas W. Jones Award for her outspoken activism in our behalf.  Take a listen to what she has to say:


Now for a word about Marriage Equality from Shane Bitney Crone whose "It Could Happen To You" video went viral last May.  "It Could Happen To You" is now being made into a full length documentary.  This video "No Freedom Until We Are Equal" is clear and succinct in its message.  It was recorded by Ryan James Yesak and features Coleen McMahon singing "My Country 'Tis of Thee".  Take a listen:


Before I get to the next bit of video, I want to point you to Kathy Baldock's (another Straight Christian Fierce Ally) excellent post over at Canyonwalker Connections about Spirit Day"The End Of Bullying Begins With You" makes a strong case and urges everyone to wear Purple for Spirit Day tomorrow.  It is beautifully written in Purple on her page in honor of the day. 

This next video is to remind you that not only are we celebrating Ally Week but we are still in the middle of LGBT History Month too.  Instead of my usual Classical Music video, today's video highlights not only LGBT History but some of my personal history also.  Today's Club Culture, Electronica, House Music, even Hip Hop all have their roots in the Disco Era.  I came out in the summer of 1975 right around the time Donna Summer exploded onto the scene with that 17 minute version of Love to Love You, Baby that no one could get enough of at the time.  It was in 1975 that I was forcibly ejected from the Navy for having the audacity to fall in love with another man.  This was before DADT when it was just flat illegal to be LGBT in the military.  I was a loyal friend to other LGBT and Questioning/Curious service members, however, as I did not tell the investigators that the Yoeman in our office was living with the Yoeman in the Admiral's office in a torrid lesbian affair or tell them about my "straight' roommate who loved my blow jobs and getting fucked by me.  Of course the next day he always ran over to fuck his girlfriend at the time to 'prove' he was still 'straight'.  Nor about any of the other numerous service members that I knew of (and had sex with).  It took them about 3 months to do it and they had to give me a 'Good Conduct Medal' for exceptional performance reviews before they could kick me out for not being 'good enough'!  When I was separated from the Navy in September of 1975, I had 236 pounds on my 5'7" frame and I went on my "Disco Diet" and danced my way to a svelte 150 pounds.  Disco was the soundtrack of the 70's and this video, "The Joy of Disco", a BBC documentary, will take you from Stonewall to Studio 54 and everywhere in between:


Finally today, I could not go without a few men for decoration and appreciation, now could I?  As it is Thursday, it is the day for my salute to denim dynamite with this collection of fabulously hunky Men In Jeans to inspire and admire.  Thanks for the visit, see you tomorrow for Spirit Day!  Until next time as always, Enjoy!





























 















Posted by Picasa

No comments: