Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11 Remembered and Other things


Today is the 11th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in New York and Washington.  I am sure there will be plenty of places on the web where you can get your fill of information on that event and its aftermath so I will not go into that except to commemorate those who died and the heroism displayed by so many on that terrible day.  

(60 seconds of silent prayer....)

That being said, I am really behind on my reading and web wanderings, in fact my feed reader has 534 unread articles that will take a couple of my days off just to catch back up to where I should be.  However, your Uncle is not delinquent in his privileged duty to entertain and titillate you, my loyal readers.   We continue our exploration of the music of Joachim Raff today with a side note that the esteemed Herr Raff shares his birthday your venerable Uncle (May 27) although the separation between us is about 130 years (1822 vs 1951).  The play list for today has two different forms contained within it, the concerto and the octet.  The works we focus on today are the Cello Concerti Numbers 1 and 2 performed by Daniel Muller-Schot with the Bamberg Symphony Orchestra conducted by Hans Stadlmair. In addition there is the Octet for Strings, Opus 176. Unfortunately the performers are not listed so I cannot tell you who they are.   None the less, you should be able to appreciate Raff's skill as a composer while indulging yourselves in this excellent aural experience.  Then as it is Tuesday, it is once again time for those scantily clad lads cavorting about the beaches and pools of the world in this edition of Sexy Studs in Swimwear.  I am going to take a short nap as I have to go to a training class for the new system of receiving deliveries which will require me to scan all the items into the computer.  That begins at noon so I will be there instead of heading to bed as I normally would at that hour (sigh).  Thanks for the visit, see you tomorrow when I will have a Piano Quintet and a couple of Piano Quartets to share with you.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!































Posted by Picasa

No comments: