Thursday, August 09, 2012

Feeling Better and Barenboim on Beethoven


I am feeling much better today than I have all week.  I have managed to un-jangle my nerves, get some rest and I have gone 2 days without any explosive events in the bathroom.  The heat has abated somewhat, so it has been slightly cooler in the apartment which has made sleeping much easier.  My health care provider has finally approved the refills of my blood pressure and cholesterol medicines and they have charged my account for them, so I should be receiving them in the mail in the next couple of days.  The blood pressure medicine especially will be welcomed as it will help alleviate the fatigue I have been feeling due to the combination of the heat and high blood pressure.  It might also make me a little less crazy and easier to live with which I am sure will please Will.  He has put up with a lot from me in this little spate of illness so I know he will be glad to see me getting better.  I really hate not feeling up to snuff, so I too am looking forward to getting back to my normal self.  I just hope the weather continues to moderate so I won't have to suffer so much from the heat.  You would think being raised in Texas would help me bear up under the normal summer onslaught of high temperatures.  However, as I get older and experience other health issues, it makes me more susceptible to its effects.   But enough of all this medical stuff, let's get on with the goodies I have in store for you.

Beginning today and running through next Saturday, we will be on a journey of exploration of the music written for the Piano by Ludwig von Beethoven.  In a series of 8 concerts 'Berenboim on Beethoven',  the Argentine Pianist and Conductor Daniel Berenboim performs all 32 Piano Sonatas written by Beethoven.  Today's video is of the first concert in the series.  Over the next week I will bring you all eight concerts in this series, then complete the exploration with magnificent concert featuring Berenboim and Beethoven's Piano Concerti 1, 2, and 3 along with Staatskapelle Berlin from the Jahrunderthalle in  Bochum, Germany during the Klavierfestival Ruhr.  This will be a great week of music which I hope you are as excited about hearing as I am about posting the concerts for you. 

To complete today's post in the tradition to which you are accustomed I have a goodly number of handsome hunks in this weeks salute to denim with these marvelous Men in Jeans.  Thanks for the visit, see you again tomorrow.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!
































Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

James said...

Wow, fantastic blog. Thank you for this, bookmarked for sure!