Saturday, May 12, 2012

Best of the Web This Week


This week has been unusual in many ways with both highs and lows.  I have not worked my normal (if such there be) schedule at the store which has confused both my body and my mind.  I will not be working my typical schedule this week either, having taken on a special project for my boss.  My physical and mental health has wavered from the robust to the anemic, sometimes in the same 24 hour period, leading me to wonder at times just wtf is going on.  The biggest high of the week was when President Obama publicly endorsed Marriage Equality for the first time setting the media world on fire with wildly varying reactions from both the left and the right.  I must say it has been quite fun to see the wing nuts contort themselves in their apoplexy resulting in some of the most outrageous statements we have heard from them in some time.  There was some very concise and spirited commentary from the liberal media as well, especially from Rachel Maddow over at MSNBC.  I have had a field day just trying to keep up with it all as well as all the other things happening in my life this week.  It will probably be this mad cap media circus for a while or at least up until the election in November as the forces for liberty and equality (the good) do battle with the forces of bigotry, lies and deception (the evil).  It will certainly be fun and interesting to see.  

Although I collected more photographs this week than last, I found there were fewer that deserved inclusion in this weeks review of the Best of the Web This Week.  Never the less, there are still 56 photographs awaiting your perusal and approval right below today's play list.   For today's play list I have selected two different works by Georg Philipp Telemann. The first is the Concerto for Flute, Violin and Cello in A Major performed by the Freiburger Barockorchester conducted by Petra Mullejans. The second is the Suite in C Major for 2 Oboes, Bassoon, Strings and Basso Continuo "Les Etudiants Gaillards" performed by Il Fondamento conducted by Paul Dombrecht.  These pieces should give you the perfect accompaniment for your cruise down the page to linger and lust after your personal favorites for this week.   Thanks for spending part of your weekend with me.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!




















































Posted by Picasa

No comments: