Monday, March 02, 2009

Monday Morning Concert

"Sunrise For Fishermen"


Most of you out there who stop by on a regular basis are familiar with the many classical recordings I feature here at Nichevo. In fact there is a new play list in the Fine Tune Player as of yesterday, I hope you like my selections. I must admit that is mostly what I listen to, although I get exposure to some of the more recent artists thanks to Will and his collection of music. What most of you don't know is I too had a rock phase back when I was a DJ on the Shipboard Radio Station WAMR aboard the USS America during the Viet Nam War. This was 1972-73 in the hey day of bands like Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Traffic, Pink Floyd and The Beatles. The theme song for my morning radio show was Solitude off the Masters of Reality album by Black Sabbath. I worked second shift on the ship and then spent the rest of the morning hours "getting ready" for my rock and roll show. Needless to say there was a little "mood altering" going on during those hours, but a good time was had by all and the music was the soundtrack of our lives. Out of all the great bands of that era, my favorite has to be Pink Floyd whose sound is unique even unto today. Back after I got out of the Navy in 1975, I wore out several copies of the vinyl recording of Dark Side of the Moon which I listened to repeatedly. I would go to sleep at night with my Koss headphones on listening to Dark Side of the Moon. The only real hassle was I had to get up , go over to the stereo, flip the record over to play the second side. I know all of you younger people are rolling your eyes at me, "what's a record?" "what do you mean you had to turn it over, you don't have to turn CD's over" etc. but this was back in the day before CD's were a glimmer in someone's eye. Hell, at the time, technology was just moving from 8 track to cassette, so gimme a break here. Anyway, as I was wandering the web on Saturday, I ran across some Pink Floyd videos that led to others, so I did a little rock out regression and put together a Monday Morning Concert of some of my favorites by this iconic Rock Band. I followed the videos with a healthy selection of scrumptious studs for you to lust after on your way down the page. Thanks for stopping by, come again soon and often. Until next time as always, Enjoy!













Wikipdia Page for The Dark Side of the Moon













































Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

boibuff said...

I am a regular reader/ogler of your wonderful blog. I do not always leave a comment.Forgiven?. I too like all styles of music and remember well the days of vinyl lp's!. i still have a HUGE collection. While i love Pink F;oyd i like Led Zeppelin even more. Thanx for the videos!!!! I actually purchased a 30th Anniversary re-issue of "Dark Side of the Moon". on vinyl. Came with posters/stickers and many extras. Really cool!.
Thanx for all the hot pix! especially the B&W pixx! always hot!. Thanx for everything.