Saturday, January 13, 2007

Write Your Congressman And Senator

Posted by Picasa

Kendall wrote a great post Friday, Serious Business in which he urges us to write our Congressional Representatives and Senators. I am following his advice and providing you the links so you can do the same. I am also including the body of my letter for you to read. We as Gay Americans need to let our voices be heard in the halls of Congress before George wastes another life or another dollar.

Write your Representative

Write your Senator

I sent the same letter to both my Representative and my Senator which is easy to do once you write to one or the other copy and paste the body of the first into the form on the second. I am serious about this guys. It is time for Americans to stand up to George and Dick and support our troops by bringing them home.

Body of letter to my Congress people:

It is about time for Congress to call George on his stuff. I would use a stronger word but out of respect for your office I won't. It is time for us to get out of Iraq to save American lives that are being wasted for Georges lies and Dicks dollars from Halliburton. We could spend the money better at home rebuilding New Orleans instead of wasting it in a place we should not be and are not wanted. His obstinacy in the face of reality is disheartening to the people of this country and we deserve better.

It is also a shame that he is finally willing to consider allowing Gay people to serve with out question because he is desperate for lambs for the slaughter. Yes Gay people should be allowed to serve openly as well marry the person of their choice. This needs to happen not to support George's war but because it is the right thing to do. I am a Viet Nam veteran and a registered voter. I proudly served my country until I was separated for being Gay. It is time for the injustice to stop. It is time to ensure all of our citizens have the same civil rights. It is time for Congress to get off their duffs and do it.

Sincerely,

Gerry W. Miller

It doesn't take long and you will feel better for making your voice heard. If enough Americans write enough letters, maybe George and Dick will lose this battle.

I will do my regular post a little later but I thought this was too important to wait.

1 comment:

TWISI said...

thanks for being involved!