One of my readers wrote me in an email that I might not now but there may be a storm in the lives of Str8roomie and Tattoo. He turned out to be a prophet as the storm hit during the Winter Storm. Tattoo's Grandfather is not long for this world and as it is the first time he has experienced this life event it is messing with his head a little bit and it is definitely putting a strain on his Grandmother. After he left here on Sunday night with his girlfriend and she dropped him at home. He told his Grandmother he was going to spend some time on Monday with his girl to get some space from the impending events at home and she reacted a little strongly telling him that if he left the house he better take his stuff with him. He incredulously question her if she was serious and she assured him she was so he messaged 'roomie on My Space and asked if he could come here and 'roomie woke me up about 1:30 to read the message as it was more to me than him, he said. I read the message and all I could think was to say "tell him to come on". So Tattoo rode his bike through the ice storm with his bag of clothes arriving at my little port in the storm about 2:15. Needless to say, my sleep pattern on Sunday night was severely affected. No matter, but it did play hell with me stay alert at work on Monday.
So now I have two nephews in the house. I still do not know how blood can be so cruel to blood in times of crises. The really bad part about situations like this is that these young people usually end up on the street getting taken advantage of by less than savory adults who have no regard for their state of mind, just the state of their bodies. I am so glad that I am not that way. I could not say no to a cry for help from Tattoo any more than I could cut my thing off. It is a real shame that Uncle Gerry is the only place that he could think of where he might find shelter from the storm going on in his life. I have a feeling that it might blow over but I don't know if it will or if the damage done can be easily repaired. The longer the storm lasts the bigger the rift gets. I do not wish upon him 20 or 30 years of estrangement as I have experienced, yet I fear this too may happen. As young men are want to do, they get stubborn and refuse to back down from the challenge to their freedom as they see it and the gulf of misunderstanding widens until it is almost two wide to cross. I hope I can prevent this from happening, I pray I can.

So now I have two nephews in the house. I still do not know how blood can be so cruel to blood in times of crises. The really bad part about situations like this is that these young people usually end up on the street getting taken advantage of by less than savory adults who have no regard for their state of mind, just the state of their bodies. I am so glad that I am not that way. I could not say no to a cry for help from Tattoo any more than I could cut my thing off. It is a real shame that Uncle Gerry is the only place that he could think of where he might find shelter from the storm going on in his life. I have a feeling that it might blow over but I don't know if it will or if the damage done can be easily repaired. The longer the storm lasts the bigger the rift gets. I do not wish upon him 20 or 30 years of estrangement as I have experienced, yet I fear this too may happen. As young men are want to do, they get stubborn and refuse to back down from the challenge to their freedom as they see it and the gulf of misunderstanding widens until it is almost two wide to cross. I hope I can prevent this from happening, I pray I can.

So now my port has three vessels in it sheltering from life's storms. Together we are a diverse and disparate group united by need for each other and bonded by care and understanding. Together we will make our stand against the trials and storms we face. Together we will withstand what life throws at us and together we will grow in strength and love. Lest any think that I have a prurient interest in my boys, they could not be further off base. My role is not as lover, but adviser; not as parent, but uncle; not as master, but friend. We draw strength from each other and have various talents that complement each others. There will be stress at times but always tempered by patience, for a group of people must learn to live with each other's foibles as well as their strengths. The seas will not always be smooth, but our strength is in numbers, out anchor is each other. Pray that we stay afloat and can navigate the shoals as well as the seaways.
I am going to turn in early to try for some rest as it is a quiet night here this evening. Once more to rise and face the day with hope. Having acknowledged our need, we now prepare to move forward, strengthened by each other, and emboldened by that strength to face our days without fear. I ask that you remember us as we begin another phase of the journey that is Nichevo. May our anchor hold and may the wind always be at our back and in our sails. Until next time as always, Enjoy!
I am going to turn in early to try for some rest as it is a quiet night here this evening. Once more to rise and face the day with hope. Having acknowledged our need, we now prepare to move forward, strengthened by each other, and emboldened by that strength to face our days without fear. I ask that you remember us as we begin another phase of the journey that is Nichevo. May our anchor hold and may the wind always be at our back and in our sails. Until next time as always, Enjoy!




















2 comments:
My...My how this ship has been tossed about since its launch. The storms came quickly and wave after wave crashed upon you, yet...Still, You pulled lost souls from the storm. And our Journey continues.
Where will we go from here? Does it really matter as long as you can be a port in some storm? You know not what storms rage nor where. Perhaps just being on the sea is a sight that signals resolve and hope for some faraway soul.
Uncle, you must BE, because you do not know who you help just by being.
Now, let's set these sails and go forth on the sea to discover where the day takes us and what friends will emerge from the storm.
LOVE the last pic.
Post a Comment