Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Medical Matters, Music and Men!



It has been a long day already, but a good one.  I had my quarterly checkup at the VA first thing this morning.  Surprisingly enough the checkup really was full of good news.  All my numbers have improved from last time, some dramatically lower like the blood sugar and cholesterol.  I even lost 8 pounds.  (yea!  me!)  I discussed my hypoglycemic episodes which we both agreed were caused by low appetite while at the same time not decreasing my dosages that work to control my blood sugar.  My doctor also said that with the passing of my Mother, it is natural to have an intense grieving period that could last up to 3 months.  If my appetite, periods of despondency and overall mood have not improved and symptoms of depression, etc. persist, then counseling would be the recommended course of action.  Thankfully that is covered under my VA Benefits now so that will be a no cost item.  I may take a few sessions just to be on the safe side anyway.  

I also discussed that lump on my back with the doctor and she said it was a blocked glandular cyst.  The cyst is not something I need to worry too much about unless it becomes infected or inflamed, then it would need to be surgically removed.  This could be done on an outpatient basis, so again no biggie and it, too, is covered under my benefits.  The doctor agreed with how I have modified the taking of my medicine, judging the necessary dosages needed or not needed by the result of testing my sugar.  She also prescribed a portable blood pressure machine that I picked up today.  That way I can monitor my blood pressure as well as my blood sugar.  We discussed what range the readings for each should fall between before action of some kind needs to happen.  This adds a layer of security to my peace of mind.  The last thing I want is to have another stroke or sugar related incident (too high or too low).  I have all the tools necessary to monitor and regulate what I need and to take appropriate action if needed.  All I gotta do is stick with the program as outlined, and I should be fit as a fiddle for a long time to come.  Any rumored predictions as to my early demise were, are and will be greatly exaggerated!

I then went to work my 11-2 lunch run, however it turned into a n 11-4 shift instead. This was due to the auditors doing their audit thing, so I had to stay over a couple of hours to help out.  Once again this is no biggie, but the five extra hours so far this week will look great on the pay check!  So it is all good there too!

Now on to the good stuff.  Your Tuesday Musical Moment features the Music of Franz Schubert with his Octet if F Major, D 803, Opus posth. 166, for clarinet, horn, bassoon, string quartet & double-bass.  Today's performance is by the Berlin Philharmonic Octet. Saschko Gawriloff & Rainer Mehne, violin. Wilfried Strehle, viola. Peter Steiner, cello. Rainer Zepperitz, double-bass. Gerd Seifert, horn. Hans Lemke, bassoon. Alois Brandhofer, clarinet.  You may also hear Schubert's String Quintet for 2 violins, viola & 2 cellos, in C major, D 956 over on my tumblr.  

Once again we have Art to complement the Music, and it is hard to tell which is more beautiful than the other.  Your Tuesday's Temptations this week are a set of sultry, sexy sensations waiting for your inspection and appreciation.  Each portrait evokes it own erotic response from each and every viewer, cruise on down the page while being serenaded by Schubert.  Additional temptation can be found in the Hottie of the Day! over on my tumblr.  Thanks for the visit, see you again soon.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!


































Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bailey;-) said...

So happy to hear that your medical results are all good :D Cysts can be scary things. Yup yup. And thank you for the pics and music! **huggz**