Friday, July 25, 2014

Sooner or Later



Slowly but surely things are beginning to return to a more normal routine, although I have yet to catch up on all that I am behind.  However, sooner or later I will, all in good time.  Today is my long day at work and I have some errands and chores to accomplish this morning.  If one thing is the same as always, it is the fact there is no rest for the wicked.  Weekends are not my time to rest anyway, but still it seems that I am busier than ever and accomplishing less.  Maybe it is just because there is so much to do that it seems progress is slow.  At any rate, I will plod on and eventually get some equilibrium back in my schedule.  

In the meantime, I still have my privilege and pleasure to entertain you all on a daily basis with great classical music and gobs of gorgeous guys.  I asked my buddy J who I should post on the blog today and he wanted to hear some Beethoven.  Therefore your Friday Musical Moment indeed features the Music of dear old Ludwig.  In 1819, the music publisher Anton Diabelli decided to raise money for the family members of soldiers killed in recent wars. He wrote a theme in hopes of inducing some of the leading composers of the day to contribute variations, planning to publish the entire set . In all, he sent his melody to 51 composers in Austria, one of whom was Beethoven (another was Schubert). Beethoven's initial inclination was to turn down the project, though eventually he submitted a variation. But the composer soon became intrigued at the prospect of writing a larger set of variations on Diabelli's theme. In the end, he turned out a nearly hour-long work with more variations than any other of his works in the form.  Today's performance of these 33 Variations on a Waltz by Anton Diabelli penned by Beethoven is by Piotr Anderszewski recorded live for broadcast on German Radio and Television.  You may also hear Beethoven's 7 Variations on 'God Save the King' over on my tumblr.  

Then to get you all into the proper weekend frame of mind, I have a scrumptious serving of sexiness in this collection of Friday's Fantasy Fuel on display below the video.  There is also more Fantasy Fuel in the Hottie of the Day! over on my tumblr.  Now I am off to get things done while I can.  Thanks for the visit, see you again soon.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!


































Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bailey;-) said...

Mmmhm, I do like the leather ^.^