Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bountiful Boatload of Beauty


I really enjoyed my paid time off yesterday.  I finished up my special project for the boss, then pursued my pleasures on the Internet where I got caught up in another story by one of my favorites at the Gay Authors website, C James.  I am waiting for the next chapter of Circumnavigation to come out, so I thought I would check out another of his stories, Let The Music Play, which caught and held my attention for most of the night and morning.  I am not yet finished with it, but I will as the story is fascinating, combining the adventures of handsome youth in a rock band, international intrigue and of course, Gay Love.  However, I did promise to come up with something special for you guys today, and I believe I have done that with the bountiful boatload of beauty I have gathered. 

Yesterday, President Obama launched his initiative, LGBT Americans for Obama with the video I have posted below this paragraph.  "Glee star Jane Lynch narrates this documentary about LGBT rights in America. The video features a candid interview with President Obama, who speaks about the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, why he supports marriage equality, and what's at stake for the LGBT community in this election."  This election year, it is more important than ever to stand with the President in our march toward equality while he fights off the forces of those who would wish to hurl our civil rights back to the stone age  (Mitt Romney, Tony Perkins, Maggie Gallagher et al).  Watch the video and then join in the campaign effort to re-elect the President.


In another video released yesterday, those handsome young musicians of Two Cellos, Luka Sulic and Stephane Hauser, will enrapture you with 'Hurt'.  This is an incredibly beautiful video from this incredibly talented duo.


I then found this Classic 1954 Recording of the Violin Concerto in D Major, Opus 77 by Johannes Brahms of a performance by Staatskapelle Dresden under the baton of Franz Konwitchny featuring David Oistrakh on Solo Violin. 


Then I ran across a series of live recordings from a series of concerts in October and November 1970 by Italian Pianist, Dino Ciani, of the complete Piano Sonatas of Ludwig von Beethoven.  Part 1  just below this paragraph contains Sonatas Number 1 in F Minor, Opus 2 # 1; Number 2 in A Major, Opus 2 #2 and Number 3 in C Major, Opus 2 #3.  I will post Part 2 on Friday and Part 3 on Saturday in order to not overload you guys today.


Then finally, I gathered some extremely sexy photographs of Men In Jeans to ogle while you are listening to all this great music.  So I guess that about does it for today, thanks for visiting.  Be sure to come back tomorrow and Saturday for more Beethoven along with Friday's edition of Naked or Nearly So and this week's review of the Best of the Web This Week on Saturday.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!

























Posted by Picasa

No comments: