Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Counting the Days




Here it is Hump Day once again and the countdown has begun towards the coming Christmas Holiday weekend.  It won't be much of a holiday for me as I have to work all weekend, so there will not be too much celebrating around my place.  However to help get me in the Christmas Spirit, the photo at the top of each post from now to Christmas Day will be a Christmas themed photo suitably sized for use as a desktop wall paper.  Christmas is on Sunday this year and although I do not normally post on Sundays, the elves and I are working on a special post for Christmas Day.  If you are like me, and many other folks of the LGBT persuasion, we are not always welcome at the family gatherings so I invite you to celebrate your Christmas as part of my "family" right here at Nichevo.  I assure you we will have a "gay old time" 'round the the Christmas tree.

As I have said before, I get a lot of things I post here landing on my doorstep via subscriptions in my Google Reader.  The first video I have for you today was in my feed from Outsports and features a Slam poem written and performed by Adam Goddard who voices his disbelief over President Obama's failure to fully support marriage equality.  The man has a lot to say and he knows how to say it!  I totally agree with his sentiments.

Another of my favorite subscriptions is the one I have to the Eyecatcher blog.  I have in my archives over 6000 photos that I have garnered from his pages.  His taste in eye candy is very similar to mine, so I look forward to his daily posts to see what he has found to display.  I was looking over my collection of his photos yesterday and thought I would feature a few of my favorites for your viewing pleasure below today's videos.

The second video I have for you is of course a musical one that features another composer yet to be featured here at Nichevo.  Joachim Raff was a German-Swiss composer, teacher and pianist who happens to share my date of birth (5/27) although years earlier than mine.  The video is a recording of the 1970 performance by Bernard Hermann and the London Philharmonic Orchestra of Raff's Symphony Number 5 in E Major, Opus 177 "Lenore" written in 1872.  The video description is quite detailed and much to long to post here, but you can read it at your leisure by clicking on the link.  I will be featuring other works by lesser known composers as I have found a treasure trove of videos on You Tube that I am very excited to be exploring.  I just love discovering music heretofore unknown to me and sharing it with you guys.  Thanks for taking time to stop by, do come again and often!  Until next time as always, Enjoy!














































Posted by Picasa

No comments: