Saturday, December 17, 2011

Best of the Web This Week



As most of you know by now, I spend a great deal of my time surfing the web for new, interesting and beautiful things that I think may strike a chord with you all, my loyal readers.   A lot of the things I find on the web arrive on my doorstep, so to speak, via RSS subscriptions in my Google Reader.  One of these subscriptions, Break the Illusion by Davey Wavey, inspires others to be the best they can be through his blogs, videos, BlogTV channel and his travels.  I have in the past posted many of his videos here at Nichevo.  His post yesterday was particularly inspiring to me.  However, instead of posting the video here, I thought I would just link you to his post, Compliments For Strangers, so you could read his thoughts behind the making of the video as well as view the video for yourselves.   Click on the link above and be inspired.  Another of my subscriptions is to I'm Here, I'm Queer, What The Hell Do I Read by Lee Wind, an activist and author very heavily involved in literature for youths and young adults.  His post yesterday, The Power Within, was about a new anti-bullying comic book of the same name being given away to GSA's and other youth groups by The Power Within publisher.  Click on the link to read about this great effort and if you know of a GSA or youth group that could benefit from the book, please forward the information to them.  

I get a lot of the news type things that I post about here from my subscription to Towleroad, whose writers cover the broad spectrum of news of interest to the LGBT community.  One of his posts yesterday was about a viral video mash up inspired by the hit TV show Glee!  Yes I am an unashamed Gleek, and the video in the post was touted by one of the shows stars, Cory Monteith (Finn) to his 75,000 Twitter followers who helped the video go viral.  The video mash up was of Cyndi Lauper's True Colors and Defying Gravity from the hit musical Wicked and you can read about it and view the video here.  The video was made by Manny Garcia and I am sure I will be posting something from him here in the near future. 

I guess that brings us to entertainment that I have lined up for you today.  I continue with my focus on the violin as the instrument of choice this week with music from the master himself, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.  The playlist has the  Sonata for keyboard and violin in C Major KV6 Performed by Rachel Podger, violin, and Gary Cooper, fortepiano; and Sonata for violin and piano No. 21 in E minor K304 Performed by Hiro Kurosaki, violin, and Linda Nicholson, pianoforte.  

As for this weeks photographic review of the Best of the Web This Week, I have quite a line up of handsome hunks for you to ogle.  I acquired over six hundred photos this week and as always, trying to choose the most outstanding photos in a field of hundreds of truly outstanding photos was a difficult one.  Sometimes I wish I could post every one of them, however that would be a bit impractical as well as leaving me nothing to surprise you with in future posts.  That being said, I have posted 110 photos from this week's collection below the play list for you to lust after.  Please try to refrain from licking your monitor while viewing all the manly pulchritude on display (he he he).  Thanks for spending part of your weekend here with me, see you again on Monday.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!










































































































Posted by Picasa

No comments: