Friday, December 16, 2011

Mysteries of Technology



You know, sometimes technology just baffles the shit right out of me.  We have been having intermittent Internet connectivity problems, so we had the cable people out here yesterday, again.  The guy was here for 3.5 hours and the Internet was iffy at best when he left.  It remained iffy all evening until about 11 PM according to Will.  I was at work by that time, but I had my own problems trying to get stuff done before I left.  This morning so far it has been OK, but we still have a line tech scheduled to come out this afternoon to look at the cable running from the tab in the box outside to the apartment and the tab itself.   We really have a lot of problems, especially when it rains as it did all day yesterday.  Hopefully we will have these things solved by the time the line tech leaves today.   In the meantime, I was having problems uploading from Picasa3 to Blogger again as well as problems getting Chrome to do what I wanted it to do, or what it claimed to be able to do.  So I switched back to my Firefox browser and then the uploads went smoothly like they were supposed to.  I really can't figure out why I have these intermittent upload problems except maybe it is tied to the connectivity problems we have been having with the cable.  It is almost like the Internet and the whole Picasa3, Blogger, FF and Chrome gang is a bunch of women who have their periods and therefore want make you  as miserable and bitchy as they are.  Lord knows they certainly accomplish that on a regular basis.  At any rate I did get today's photographs uploaded finally this morning and I am sure you will like the ones I have chosen for this week's edition of Naked or Nearly So which are posted in their usual spot below the play list.  As for the play list itself, I have another young violinist to introduce to you today.  The play list has Nikita Borisoglebsky's 3rd prize winning performance of the complete Violin Concerto by Johannes Brahms during the final round of the "Montreal International Musical Competition".  So now you have some great music and event greater photographs to kick off your weekend in a properly melodic and sensual way.  Thanks for stopping by, see you again tomorrow for this week's review of the Best of the Web This Week.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!





























































Posted by Picasa

No comments: