Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Life in a New Light



It has been much too long since I have appeared in these pages.  I have no excuses but I do have a "lotta 'splainin' to do.  For those too young to remember, that is a famous quote from the 50's TV Hit I Love Lucy.  Anyhow, It has been a long journey from where I was then to where I am today.  It has not been an easy journey, but thanks to some really wonderful people who have stepped into my life, I am able to stand here today unafraid to take on whatever the world has for me.  

This past Holiday Season was good for Will and I.  We both decided what we wanted and told the other so there was not a lot of mystery there. However both Will and I were able to surprise the other with some thing special neither of us knew about.which added its own special touch.  My gift was a new SSD for my computer.  After somewhat of a struggle, Will got the drive installed over the weekend with the latest and greatest from Windows 10.  However when moving things around I broke the SATA cables to the other two drives.  I have all my data, I just can't access it until the new SATA cables arrive today.  Therefore there will be no additional photo phenoms for you to view at the end of this post.  

When last we talked, I was on the road to making a claim for compensation for what the Navy did tome 43 years ago.  The effort was in vain. It became painfully obvious that my VA Counselor wanted nothing to do with my claim.  A former Marine, he mishandled and misfiled my claim and lied to me about it's status for a year.  The result was a denial which sent me into a bit of a tailspin mentally that took me some months from which to recover,  Thankfully I did recover thanks to my therapy group at Stay the Course Veterans Services.  

I then embarked on a second attempt with the DAV as my representative.  The claim was again not totally correct in its filing and I got the same result.  I spent several years in therapy to get to the point where I could write the letter stating my case with a lotta help from my therapist.  on the exact 43rd anniversary of the first time they screwed me, they did it again.  They called my submission irrelevant and immaterial and did not change their feelings about the matter at all.  I was devastated once again, immediately returning to that day in 1975 when it all went down the first time. the shame and humiliation and the callousness with which I was treated all returned full force.  It again took some time to get over it with help from my therapy group.  This is not to say I am happy with the results, but that seems to be my lot in life, to be screwed mercilessly by the government while they laugh in my face.  I guess I should get used to grabbing my ankles and asking for more whenever dealing with a government entity.  

That is not to say there has been  no good things happen.  I no longer work for the man but for myself.  I just finished my first year, showed a profit and actually brought in twice the revenue in 2018 than I did in 2017 working for someone else.  Will and I have grown into a real family of choice which stands together against the world.  It will take some time to decompress all that has happened since last we communed.  But that is something for later posts of which there will be many I hope.  

I thank those of you who have come back to these pages looking for something new.  Well I am here, and hope to clarify my thoughts as I attempt to make my life story into a book perhaps someone might want to read.  But that is enough for today. I will not promise a daily post, I do promise to post on as regular basis as time will allow.  

For your Musical Moment of the day, you will find  a "recording of the complete Cello Sonatas by Vivaldi on period instruments! Antonio Vivaldi was one of the first composers to feature the cello, then a relatively “new” instrument (after the viola da gamba), as a mature solo instrument. This full recording contains the complete 6 sonatas for cello and basso continuo. Vivaldi displays an astonishing variety and inventiveness in these sonatas, using the instrument’s possibilities to the utmost; these sonatas still offer a serious challenge, both technical and musical, for any professional cellist nowadays. Apart from that they are vintage Vivaldi, featuring an enormous range of emotional extremes, from deep heartfelt sadness to infectious joy."  There will be a play list under the video.  Thank you for sticking around, may you come back again soon.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!





00:00:00 Cello Sonata in B-Fflat Major, RV 47: I. Largo
00:03:28 Cello Sonata in B-Fflat Major, RV 47: II. Allegro
00:06:43 Cello Sonata in B-Fflat Major, RV 47: III. Largo
00:10:52 Cello Sonata in B-Fflat Major, RV 47: IV. Allegro
00:12:48 Cello Sonata in F Major, RV 41: I. Largo
00:16:19 Cello Sonata in F Major, RV 41: II. Allegro
00:18:51 Cello Sonata in F Major, RV 41: III. Largo
00:22:27 Cello Sonata in F Major, RV 41: IV. Allegro
00:24:56 Cello Sonata in A Minor, RV 43: I. Largo
00:29:21 Cello Sonata in A Minor, RV 43: II. Allegro
00:32:53 Cello Sonata in A Minor, RV 43: III. Largo
00:37:11 Cello Sonata in A Minor, RV 43: IV. Allegro
00:40:13 Cello Sonata in B-Flat Major, RV 45: I. Largo
00:43:32 Cello Sonata in B-Flat Major, RV 45: II. Allegro
00:46:12 Cello Sonata in B-Flat Major, RV 45: III. Largo
00:51:00 Cello Sonata in B-Flat Major, RV 45: IV. Allegro
00:53:42 Cello Sonata in E Minor, RV 40: I. Largo
00:56:24 Cello Sonata in E Minor, RV 40: II. Allegro
00:58:51 Cello Sonata in E Minor, RV 40: III. Largo
01:01:10 Cello Sonata in E Minor, RV 40: IV. Allegro
01:03:38 Cello Sonata in B-Flat Major, RV 46: I. Preludio. Largo
01:05:37 Cello Sonata in B-Flat Major, RV 46: II. Allemande. Allegro
01:08:26 Cello Sonata in B-Flat Major, RV 46: III. Largo
01:11:22 Cello Sonata in B-Flat Major, RV 46: IV. Corrente. Allegro

No comments: