Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Of Meat and Men


Yesterday was a long and tedious day and one where Uncle Gerry was not feeling his finest.  I had a nagging headache that would not go away added to being on the edge of nausea all day.  Events precluded much rest, really only a couple of hours before I had to go to work.  The first thing I did upon my arrival is proceed to the men's room to totally toss my cookies in the toilet.  I got to feeling a little better after that until about 2 AM when I did it again, just for good measure.  After that I got to feeling a lot better and that has continued into today so far.  I have had a busy morning and when I got back to the house, I slipped right into a dozing session on my patio.  

Anyway, somewhere between bar/lunch  (for late night workers) rush and coffee rush, I had a customer come in and bring some items to the counter.  Among the items he brought for purchase were a couple of Jack Links Squatch brand Meat Sticks.  Nothing too remarkable about that except for the marketing slogan on each stick.  There is a little sasquatch like character on the label purportedly spouting the little slogan printed there.  The slogans are in the sasquatch/caveman type vernacular with sayings like "Meat Good" and "Life is better with Meat".  I read that one and remarked to the customer in a joking manner that there were thousands of Gay Men who would agree with that statement.  This brought the intended guffaw and a "well, there is that!".  I would have to say the most homoerotic sounding of all and my favorite of course was "Meat Me, Eat Me".  I know there are thousands of you guys out there who live and die by that one (circuit party or Saturday night at the bars, anyone?).

This of course reminded me of an incident a few months back late on a Friday night.  I had these two young ladies come in after a night on the town.  They messed about choosing drinks and snacks while conversing about the night out and how hungry they were.  They came to the counter, one with snacks and drinks and one with just drinks.  The one without snacks remarked to the other one "I really don't want to buy anything to eat, I have this big Meat Stick at home.".  Never one to miss the opportunity to walk through an open door in the name of humor, I piped up with :oh, really?  What's his Name?" which brought an OMG and immediate laughter from both of them.  The lady with the snacks then related that they were both 8th grade teachers blowing off steam after a tough week in the classrooms.  She said she taught math and in one of her afternoon classes filled with jock types, they played a counting game.  The amusing thing about the game?  Only the name, Balls Galore, which of course brings a room full of junior high jocks into an immediate tizzy of juvenile humor.  The "Oh I got some balls you can count" train of thought, etc.  We all got a good laugh about that one too. 

Funny what you find to amuse you in the middle of the night at a 7-Eleven.  It sure does help to pass the time on a slow night.  Anytime you get late nights, slightly to greatly inebriated customers and a clerk with  a ribald sense of humor, you get get lots of juvenile humor, laughter and stories to tell here on the blog.  I will be sure to keep you posted on the next amusing incident in the continuing saga of late night events known as the tales 'Of Meat and Men'.

That bring us to the Music and the Men.  As this is Tuesday, Random is the call of the day and the long straw is drawn by......(drum roll, please).... Domenico Scarlatti.  I thought I remembered a play list or two I had put together previously and sure enough I found it.  The play list contains Sonatas for Viola d'Amore and Harpsichord by Scarlatti.  Included are Sonatas K77-80, K88, K89, K90 and K91.  The performance is by Valerio Losito on a 1775 Guadagnini Viola d'Amore and Andre Coen on a replica of a 1620 Italian Harpsichord.  Over on my tumblr, I have more of Scarlatti's keyboard sonatas, but with a twist.  That play list is transcribed for Guitar and performed by Edoardo Catemario.  

Then keeping with the randomness of the day, the sultry sexiness on display down below is superb in this week's edition of Random Hotness posted down below.  Then over on my tumblr, your random Hottie of the Day! is both "Ruff and Ready' for whatever hotness you can come up with.  Thanks for hanging around til I got here.  See you again soon.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!


No comments: