Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday Evening Concert



Welcome to the Weekend and your Saturday Evening Concert.  Can you believe it is already the end of January?  My how time flies.  Anyhow, my schedule has changed again somewhat.  The person we rehired to work the third shift did not work out, so my buddy D and I are taking over the night shift.  He gets 4 I get 3 ( Mon, Tues, Wed) plus my normal 5-3 on Friday.  I seem to have benefited greatly from the arrangement now with weekends and Thursday off, plus 5 more hours a week to improve the money.  I don't think I should complain about that at all, do you?  It is kind of strange not being at work on a Saturday, but enough about me, let's get on with the show.  

This evening's featured Live Performance comes to you from the Concert Hall of the Marinsky Theater in St. Petersburg, Russia, home of the Bolshoi.  Since this is the last day of January, it also happens to be the birthday of Franz Schubert who was born on this day in 1797.  To celebrate the day, your featured selection is Schubert's String Quintet in C Major, D 956.  The performance is from a live Russian TV broadcast and features The State Borodin Quartet with the addition of Alexander Buzlov as the Second Cello to make up the Quintet.  Additional celebration in the Arpeggione Sonata performed by Tatjana Vassiljeva on Cello and Nicolas Stavy at the Piano is posted over on my tumblr along with your Hottie of the Day!.  Thanks for sharing part of your Weekend with me, see you again on Monday for another week of Music, Men & More!  Until next time as always, Enjoy!



No comments: