Saturday, December 27, 2014

Saturday Evening Concert



Welcome to the Weekend and your Saturday Evening Concert.  Now that Christmas is over, I am going to shake things up a bit on the Saturday Evening Concert.  While not featuring solely symphonic works, I want to put the emphasis on recordings of great live performances in venues great and small around the world.  I am going to get started with tonight's stellar performances featuring two works for Guitar by Spanish Composer Joaquin Rodrigo recorded live in concert by Pepe Romero.  The Fantasia para un Gentilhombre in a performance with the Orquesta Filarmonica de la UNAM, Manuel Goldof, conducting and the Concierto de Aranjuez, performed in Moscow with the Moscow Chamber Orchestra under the baton of Igor Zhukov.  You may also hear Romero performing Rodrigo's Concierto para una Fiesta over on my tumblr.

I am going to return to the Naked or Nearly So genre for the Arte de l'homme on display below the play list.  I have, however, endeavored in this week's selections to choose those photographs that suggest or intimate sensuality rather than blatantly smack you across the face with it.  For the most part I was successful in my efforts.  Meanwhile over on my tumblr you will find the Last of the Red Hot Lovers masquerading as the Hottie of the Day!  Thanks for sharing a part of your weekend with me, see you again on Monday for another week of Music, Men & More!  Until next time as always, Enjoy!


























Posted by Picasa

No comments: