Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Miscellany



I know it's later than I normally get around to getting a post up, but hey, I've had a busy day that is not yet finished.  I helped a friend with something after sleeping late this morning, then just when I was about to sit down and put this all together, my brother called.  So I dashed off to Mother's house to meet him and bring back my dresser I had as a teenager, a small foot stool which each of us kids had to sit on back in the 50's and  60's.  I also picked up a genuine piece of Americana, a Pyrex Glass 4 Cup Measuring Cup with the Metric equivalents on the back side.  There was also a Bill Bates (Cowboys #40, one of my all time favorites) autographed shirt along with my high school annual from my junior year and numerous photographs.  There was also my first report card and one from Junior High as well as a couple of class pictures from elementary school.  So much of the afternoon was spent on memory lane. 

Now that I am home and have the meat marinating for dinner later (teriyaki beef, steamed rice and a veggie medley), I finally have time to sit down at the computer.  Even that is limited as I have company coming over here in just a few.  I am happy to report that the Dallas Cowboys actually won their game against the Titans in Nashville 26-10, and looked pretty good doing it.  In one of the late games the San Diego Chargers sent Super Bowl Champions the Seattle Seahawks home with a black eye 30-21.  I used to live in San Diego and the Chargers were the first pro team I ever saw  in person.  I did not get to go to a live Cowboy game until I was out of the Navy.  On Sunday Night Football, the hated SF 49ers were all over the Chicago Bears 17-0 in the first half.  I almost did not watch the second half , but I am glad I did.  The Bears came out a different team in the second half, outscoring SF 28-3 for the half leaving the final 28-20 Bears.  Not that I am a Bears fan, I just like to see SF lose.  I know it is probably wrong of me, but such is life.  Now all I need is for the Colts to slay the Eagles on Monday Night Football and the NFC east will have a 3 way tie for first between Dallas, Philly and DC with the 0-2 Giants dwelling in the cellar.  Next up for the Cowboys are the St Louis Rams in St Louis.  Would it not be a hoot if Michael Sam got to play his first game as a pro against the team that drafted him?  We shall see.  

Your Monday with Mozart this week features an excellently nuanced performance of the Masters Piano Sonata in A Major, K331 by the talented young Pianist Ivo Pogorelich.  Young Ivo seems to caress the music from the keyboard in a beautiful interpretation of Mozart's composition.  You may also hear Mozart's Violin Sonata Number 33 in E Flat Major, K481 with a performance by David Oistrakh, Violin and Paul Badura-Skoda, Piano over on my tumblr.  

Then with out further adieu, I present you with this week's edition of Monday's Undies featuring lots of studly hunks sporting their skivvies and little else.  You will find them on display below the video.  There is also the Hottie of the Day!, Fransisco Aponte, whom you will find over on my tumblr.  Thanks for hanging in, see you again soon.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!
























Posted by Picasa

No comments: