Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday's Music and Men



I have been out of sorts all week and I still have not seemed to recover my 'joie de vivre', even after two days off.  I will work on it some more today, however first I have to go to the clinic to let them play vampire so they can run their tests in preparation for my doctor visit next Friday.  In the meantime I have a video of Symphony Number 3 in C Major, Opus 40 by German Composer Felix Draeseke.  This symphony has been called one of the greatest, most original and striking symphonies of the 19th century, subtitled by the composer as Symphonia Tragica.  The performance today is by the North German Radio Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Jorg-Peter Weigle.  There is a 4 part dissection of this symphony asking if it is a 'Wagnerian Geist' or 'Symphonic Zeitgeist?' among many other things to discover about this composer and his music at draeseke.org.  It is indeed a dynamic listening experience that you should find to your liking.  After the video is this week's collection of male perfection that are Naked or Nearly So for your visual appreciation.  Thanks for the visit, see you again tomorrow.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!



































Posted by Picasa

No comments: