Saturday, July 21, 2012

Best of the Web This Week


It seems I got my wish as last night was fairly mellow for a Friday night.  Both deliveries were small, no major drunks, only a couple of incidents of stupidity and no real sloth.  All in all, I would have to say I had a good night which left me in a great mood and ready to begin the 'task' of examining all the photos I collected this week to select the very best for today's review.  I think you will be pleased with the results of my diligence as I have some outstanding photos of exceedingly handsome hunks that could inspire the wet dreams of even those who have the most demanding standards in reference to the art of the male form. To make your cruise and peruse tour of the page an aural adventure as well as a visual one, I have  a great live recording of a 1989 concert from the famed Concertgebouw in Amsterdam.  The performance is by Russian born American Pianist, Alexander Isaakovich 'Shura' Cherkassky (Shura is the Russian diminutive of  Alexander) who was 80 years old at the time of the concert.  Shura's concert career spanned over 7 decades with his last recording coming in May of 1995, just months before his death that same year at age 86.  This performance includes several works by Frederic Chopin; Fantasie Opus 49; Impromptus Opus 29, 36, 51 and 66; Maurice Ravel's Sonatine; Franz Listz' Sonata in B Minor and finally Mily Alexeyevich Balakirev's Islamey.  While you mellow out to the music, take your time looking and lingering over the many marvelous men on display.  May the rest of your weekend be fabulous as well.  Thank you for spending part of it with me.  See you again on Monday.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!



















































































Posted by Picasa

No comments: