Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Hump Day!


As we climb to the pinnacle of the work week and over the hump in the race towards the weekend, I have some great stuff for you guys today.  It seems I have been running across a lot of really great photographs of cowboys from around the world lately.  Since it has been much too long since I have posted such a grouping of photos, you will find a special collection of handsome, rugged young men who are in The Cowboy Way right after the play list for today.  Speaking of which, in today's play list, I would like to introduce to you a brilliant young pianist and composer, 17 year old Corentin Boissier from La Defense - Paris, France by showcasing some of his original compositions. The first piece is, in his own words: "As a musician, piano concertos are my passion. I love especially short, romantic, Hollywood-styled concertos such as Sergei Rachmaninoff's "Concerto No. 1" (1917 version) or Richard Addinsell's "Warsaw Concerto" (1941), in the sublime version arranged by Roy Douglas. I am sad that the art of composing a truly romantic concerto is lost for over half a century. Therefore, I had the idea in 2011 of "creating" or "synthesising" a concerto in the romantic style that would be perfect with regard to its melodic quality, its romantic flamboyance, and its succinctness. Since I know hundreds of piano concertos, I selected excerpts from old, forgotten, and neglected concertos with similar styles which, arranged in the best way possible, would become "The Most Romantic Piano Concerto".  Now I invite all music lovers to enjoy what I believe is a unique short piano concerto, and I invite also my erudite listeners to try to discover the original compositions from which I realized this work. Enjoy !" The second of his works in the play list is his Phillip Marlowe Piano Concerto in C Minor followed by three short pieces known collectively as 'Passionately Yours'. The final piece in this play list is the fanciful 'Go To Moscow' for solo Cello and Concert Band in F Major. All performances in these videos are by Corentin, himself. He has many more original compositions as well as hundreds of videos by his favorite composers on his 3 You Tube pages; Corentin Boissier, Composer; Collection CB; and Collection CB2. He also has his own website, www.CorentinBoissier.net.  It is really great to find such a fantastic composer in a handsome young man his age in this day and time.  I do not know his orientation, but no matter whose team he plays for, he is indeed a brilliant young talent that we should be hearing from for a long time to come.  Between this young composer and all the sizzling hot cowboys, your Hump Day should be bright and beautiful.  Thanks for spending part of it with me here at Nichevo!  Until next time as always, Enjoy!




































Posted by Picasa

No comments: