Friday, March 23, 2012

Musical Majesty and Marvelous Men



Well I made it to Friday with my sanity intact after a week of constant chaos in the store because of this model store thing which blessedly will end today.  I actually have the night off tonight and I plan to avoid any and all public contact as I have had just about enough of that for this week.  I rented a movie, have some pork chops marinating for dinner and  I plan to sleep a good long time before I think about doing anything else.  That being said I do have some interesting things for your entertainment today.  On Towleroad yesterday, I watched a magnificent video performance by the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus of a collaboration between Broadway Composer Steven Schwartz and Columnist Dan Savage in support of the "It Gets Better" campaign.  "The song "Testimony" is a sweeping emotional song encapsulating all the emotions that go with coming out and staying out in an at-times confrontational world.  The song urges LGBT youth to hang on, telling them they're not alone, and showing them that life gets better."  This marvelous performance is posted below as today's first video which I am sure will touch all your emotions and sweep you off you feet.  Following "Testimony" is today's second video which of course features a concerto, as I have featured a different concerto each day this week.  You really did not think I would do a week of concertos without including at least one Cello concerto, did you?  You shan't be disappointed as I have the Cello Concerto B Minor, Opus 104 by Antonin Dvorak in a recording of a live performance from this last Saturday night by Adam Liu performing with the Westmoreland Symphony Orchestra, Lucas Richman conducting. This is another commanding performance of a powerful piece of music in which Cellist Adam Liu excells.  Now to add even more beauty to even further overload your senses, this being Friday, I have some few photos of nifty knaves in the all together in this week's edition of Naked or Nearly So.  That should carry you through your day on  a high note and into the weekend.  Be sure to join me tomorrow for this week's photographic review of the Best of the Web This Week which I hope will titillate and entice you all.  I will have to come up with something equally grand musically to match the men.  Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!































Posted by Picasa

No comments: