When last we visited, it was late yesterday afternoon and I was just getting started catching up on things (like posting) having already worked in a convo with Will before he had to go to work. After I finished yesterday's post I went directly into picking the photos for today's post so I could put together a post during a scheduled convo with Will in the wee hours of this morning. I got the photos all picked out and then decided I would head over to the Mexican Inn for some dinner as I had yet to eat since going to work the night before. I "inadvertently" left my cell phone at the apartment as I really was not in the mood for public contact, but I had to eat. Therefore I left the phone (and my lighter, dammit) at the house and walked the two and a half blocks up past the store to the Mexican inn and had #1 on the dinner menu which I enjoyed very much. I walked back to the house and found the red light flashing on my phone meaning I had missed calls and / or voicemail. Not a good sign on your day off. I listened to the voice mail, and of course it was a cry for help. Seems my alternate for the night was sick and could I work and he would work for me tonight. I took me about 40 minutes to return the call. I had only napped for four hours and it was now approaching 6 pm with the shift due to start at 10, I was totally exhausted, not in a public mood at all, I just had a big dinner and all I really wanted to do was sleep until Will got off work. On the other side of the T bar was loyalty to A and a sense of responsibility regarding the store operations, so guess which side won the argument. Now this is where Will and I have somewhat different opinions. He thinks I should have said no whereas I sucked it up and said yes although I was tired as a bitch. I called A up and said "you sure know how to give a guy heartburn after a good meal" but I worked anyway. Turned out to be a blessing in that the night was fairly slow business wise and I got to do some in depth teaching of our most junior associate who is progressing nicely (as well as being cute as hell, I will forgive him for being str8). He is eager to learn and applies much diligence in his work ethic. He has not however had a lot of positive reinforcement in his life so I have taken the time and patience to bring him along at his pace, each time we work together adding a new skill. I can't help being "uncle" to handsome youths of any persuasion that are looking to help themselves, and this one soaks up knowledge like a sponge. I got to teach him lots of things last night as we had the time to spend and I even had him running the register with me standing there during the first part of the morning rush to give him practice and build his confidence. He is Hispanic and bilingual which is a must in the mornings around here as we are surrounded by a great number of Hispanic families and workers who all stop in here. It was a good night for both of us and I got off around 6:30, so I am feeling pretty OK. Of course when the "Ultra Energy Now" supplement wears off I may feel a little differently.
Now I have today off and I may actually do something, but then again maybe I will say home and do the laundry which is trying to overflow the closet and spill into the bedroom. Time will tell I guess. Doesn't it always? Speaking of time, it is just about time to share some more male pulchritude with you. I don't think I really had a theme in mind, so it is Random Hotness with a little something for everyone, all eager to please the pupils and fuel the fantasies. Until next time as always, Enjoy!














































No comments:
Post a Comment