Friday, January 30, 2015

Technical Difficulties



I have been having some issues with my computer which has caused quite a bit of consternation with poor performance and strange/weird events as I am trying to accomplish anything.  So while I was at work on Wednesday night, my in house super geek (Will, of course) set about to diagnose and resolve my issues.  I expected to come home from work, post the blog then set about all the myriad pay day chores and errands I had on tap.  Well, some of the peskiness that has been plaguing my computer's performance proved to be more elusive than we perceived at first.  So instead of posting the blog, Will was still running tests, scans and variously messing with my computer, so I headed out to do some chores and errands.  

I came back a couple of hours later and Will was still messing with things so I headed out for the rest of the chores, which proved to be time consuming and problematic in themselves.  I did not return home until nearly 5 PM from all the external chores and errands.  I still had some things to do around the house and one thing led to another.  Will had finished working on my computer and it seemed to be working fine, but time got away from me.  Therefore I decided to forgo yesterday's post and try to make up for it today.  

To that end, earlier today I posted a Men In Jeans collection and a Fantasy Fuel collection to catch you up on your eye candy.  After all, I would not want you guys to wither away from a lack of fine man art to admire, now would I?  Then I have some great Music lined up for your today also.  

Your Musical Moment for today features the Oboe Sonatas of Georg Philipp Telemann.  Included in the play list are Partia, for violin (or flute/oboe) & continuo in G major (KCM No. 2), TWV 41:G2; Trio for oboe, harpsichord & continuo in E flat major (Essercizii Musici No. 12/24), TWV42:Es3; Sonata for oboe & continuo in E minor (Essercizii Musici No. 11/21), TWV 41:e6; Sonata for oboe & continuo in A minor (GMM No. 50), TWV 41:a3; Zischet nur, stechet, ihr feurigen Zungen!, sacred cantata for voice, oboe & continuo (HGD), TWV 1:173; Solo, for oboe & continuo in B flat major (Essercizi musici No. 5/9), TWV 41:B6 and Dies ist der Gotteskinder Last, sacred cantata for voice, oboe & continuo (HGD), TWV 1:356.  Today's performers are Paul Goodwin, Baroque Oboe, Primary Artist; John Toll, Harpsichord; Susan Sheppard, Baroque Cello; Nigel North, Archlute, Theorbo and Lynden Cranham, Baroque Cello.  You may enjoy more Overtures, Sonatas and Concerti from Telemann recorded by Musica Alta Ripa over on my tumblr.  If the two collections linked to above are not enough to satisfy your Man Art craving for the day, Brett Mycles, Your Hottie of the Day! may just be the fulfillment you desire.  Thanks for the visit, be sure to stop in over the weekend for another Fabulous Live Performance on the Saturday Evening Concert.  Until next time as always, Enjoy



No comments: