Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Wassup This Week?



I am feeling much better today, having gotten some much needed R & R over the last 24 hours.  I will continue to take it easy for the rest of the day before heading in to truck night at 10 PM.  I will be working the over night shift on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the foreseeable future so I am glad those two days are sandwiched between two days off.  Hopefully I will be able to adjust my sleep schedule enough so that I don't end up losing sleep over this.  Enough about me, what else can we talk about today? Oh yeah, I know!

If you are a semi conscious male (and quite a few female) being with any passing interest in sports, you know this is Super Bowl Week.  The week leading up to the big game in Prime Time on Sunday between the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots.  Even if you have no interest in sports and you have watched any show on NBC, then you too are aware of the hoopla.  I must be honest and say I am less  than thrilled with this year's participants, neither team is on my list of favorites and neither one of them are the Cowboys.  So sue me, I love my Cowboys.  

All that being said with Super Bowl XLIX looming large on the horizon, this may turn out to be the 'gayest' Super Bowl ever.  SB49 is the first SB where the NFL has issued media credentials to a Gay Media Outlet: Outsports.  Cyd Zeigler will bring you all the Phacts From Phoenix and provide the Gay Prospective from the Press Box of the world's biggest sports spectacle.  Then NBC has jumped on the inclusive bandwagon adding the team of Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski  to bring you their own particularly Phabulous Phoenix Commentary all week.  For that extra dose of 'the Gay' for the SB, check out the Gayest Logos in NFL History.  Then for you serious football fans or SB commercial fans here is the Gay Guide to Super Bowl XLIX to give you all Phab Phoenix Phacts.  Those links should get you started on this weeks excess of media attention given to this annual event.  I suppose I must watch, for the commercials if nothing else.  I just wish it would end in a tie and no one would be crowned champion this year.  Yeah, like that's gonna happen.....

Your Musical Moment for today features 6 Quartets for Flute, Violin, Viola and Cello by Federigo Fiorillo.  Although Fiorillo was born in Germany, his father was a Neopolitan who made the rounds of Europe as a conductor and director for many important personages and their orchestras and who gave Federigo his first musical lessons.  Today's performance is by Ensemble a l'Antica and the play list includes Quartets in F, D, C, G and A Major but the performance begins with Quartet Number 6 which is the only one in which Fiorillo wrote in the Minor Key of E.  Over on my tumblr you may 'cello out' with the Complete Cello Concerti of Giovanni Battisita Cirri while checking out the Hottie of the Day!  Thanks for the visit,  see you again soon.  Until next time as always, Enjoy! 



No comments: