Friday, November 28, 2014

'Tis The Season



Well, other than the obvious exception of yesterday's Cowboy game, I had a pretty good Thanksgiving.  Knowing I had to work yesterday, I fixed Will and I Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night.  Will prefers to avoid turkey like the plague so instead I baked some Black Forest Ham with a Honey Dijon glaze.  I paired the ham with some mashed organic gold potatoes and some organic green beans.  I also served some nutritionally valueless but delicious anyway hot white dinner rolls slathered with butter.  For dessert I had a pecan pie and some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream.  To me, it's not Thanksgiving without pecan pie a la mode.  Then while I was working yesterday, one of  my lady customer's who runs a catering company came in to bring me a beautiful to go container with turkey, stuffing, green beans with slivered almonds, cranberries and a rich brown turkey gravy.  The piece de resisitance however was the piece of pumpkin mousse pecan pie that was a little slice of heaven, let me tell you!  I managed to stave off eating any of it until I got home.  I then proceeded to scarf that stuff right up.  So my day was full of Food and Football and even 'Family' as I shared the day with those whom I love most and who love me in return. Let's hope the rest of the Holiday Season is as successfully navigated.    

The day after Thanksgiving, more commonly known now days as Black Friday, was always my family's traditional day to put up the Christmas decorations which would stay up through New Years Day before coming down.  As you can see I have the decorations up here at the blog already.  At home I have the lights from Mother's house strung around the patio fence. I plugged the Christmas lights in to the porch light using an adapter to convert it to an electrical outlet.  I also put a sparkly bow on the front door and a clipped a little sprig of Christmas cheer to the lamp on my desk.  Will is more Ebeneezer about the holidays than even Scrooge himself, so it would be a waste of money to put up a tree, therefore I won't.  I am surprised I got away with Christmas lights.  He has not seen the other decor yet, so we will see how that goes and report back to you later.  At any rate I have the decorations up and that puts me more in the Holiday Spirit already.  

To help soothe all those shattered nerves belonging to those hordes of Black Friday retail warriors, I have chosen to share a little chamber music with you for this Friday Musical Moment.  Today's featured selection is rhe Quartet for Bassoon and Strings by Francois Devienne with a live performance at the 2011 International Classical Music Festival of Cyclades from the Apollo Theater in Hermoupolis-Syros, Greece by Yannos Margaziotis, violin; Angela Giannaki, viola; Leo Winland, cello and Tolga Alpay, bassoon.  You may also hear Devienne's Sinfonia Concertante for Flute and Bassoon with a performance by the Orchestre de Chambre Bernard Calmel over on my tumblr.  

Then with your Christmas Wish List in mind, I put together today's collection of inspiring art in the male form.  I tried to accentuate those photographs which intimated sensuality rather than overt displays of manly sexuality.  In any case, this week's edition of Fantasy Fuel should fire even the weakest of imaginations and perhaps one of these guys will make it on to your Wish List for Christmas.  Of course there is also the Hottie of the Day! over on my tumblr that really gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Got Milk?".  Thanks for sharing part of your Friday.  Starting with tomorrow's Saturday at the Symphony Evening Concert, I will be bringing you the symphonic sounds of the season each week through the end of the year.  I will also post the complete oratorio of Handel's Messiah on Christmas Day.  That way I do not overwhelm you with more Christmas Music than you can stand.  See you at the Evening Concert!  Until next time as always, Enjoy!
























Posted by Picasa

No comments: