Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday at the Symphony Evening Concert



Welcome to the weekend and your Saturday at the Symphony Evening Concert.  Now that my Fraturday is over, I can relax a bit, get this post together then hopefully sleep for a good long time.  I have a program for you tonight which reflects current events somewhat.  In Scotland yesterday, there was a referendum on Scottish Independence from the United Kingdom.  The Independence movement failed with a 55-45 split of the vote going for staying in the UK.  However there will be changes in the way things will be run with greater autono9my given to the four member states of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.  The First Minister who headed the Independence Movement is stepping down saying 'new blood is needed' to lead the country. 

I heard tonight's featured work on the local classical station, WRR101, while I was out and about yesterday.  The piece was played in order to highlight the historic vote in Scotland and I thought you all might appreciate hearing it also.  The Symphony Number 3 in A Minor 'Scottish'  by Felix Mendelssohn was written while Mendelssohn was in Scotland as a young man and the music reflects the many moods of Scotland.  Tonight's performance has Nikolaus Harnoncourt conducting the Chamber Orchestra of Europe.  You may hear another of Mendelssohn's 'national' works, the Symphony Number 4 in A Major 'Italian' with Gustavo Dudamel directing la Filarmonic della Scala in a live performance from Teatro alla Scala over on my tumblr.  Both symphonies have their origins in the tour of Europe which occupied Mendelssohn from 1829 to 1831.  You will want to hear them both.  

To accompany this symphonic masterpiece I have a quite stunning little collection of seductive models who are Naked or Nearly So on display below the video.  Additional beauty will be found in the Sculpted Perfection Hottie of the Day! over on my tumblr.  Thanks for sharing a part of your weekend with me, see you again on Monday for another week of Music, Men & More!  Until next time as always, Enjoy! 


























Posted by Picasa

No comments: