Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Intensely Awesome



Yesterday was an excellent day.  After posting yesterday, I messed around to about noon time then went over to check out our prospective new residence.  The unit was as nice as I expected it to be and I took a load of photos of the unit and the complex to show to Will when I got home.   I also did a little exploring in the new neighborhood which revealed some great shopping and entertainment venues as well as two branches of my bank within easy driving distance.  When I returned home and showed the photos to Will, he agreed with my assessment of the unit and complex.  My SSRB deposit hits at midnight tonight, so in the morning I will be plunking down the application fee and deposit for the new place. The Community Director said it would take 24 hours for approval and as I had previously explained my situation as well as showed her my current credit report, she did not see any reason for us to be turned down.  So now it is just a matter of a little time before the deal is finalized and we will have a new home.  With the free moving services thanks to the locator service, the move should not be that much hassle other than the requisite packing and unpacking.  With the move in special deal, the move, deposit, application fee and all associated moving costs will come to a little less than my current rent, so it will not even be a strain on the budget which is good news indeed.

After making the decision to go for the new place I then lay down for some nap time.  After waking, I decided to finally get around to watching the DVD which my friend and co-worker had loaned me last week which he thought I would enjoy.  The DVD was a movie that came out some months ago that I had never seen or even really paid attention to although I had heard of the title but not much else.  The movie was V for Vendetta starring Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving from the makers of the Matrix trilogy.  I will have to say that the viewing was the most intensely awesome movie viewing experience I have had in many a year.  With a well written screen play, virtuoso performances by the entire cast and the pivotal scenes choreographed to Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, I could not take my eyes off the monitor or even pause the DVD for a smoke break.  I will not provide any spoilers for those of you who have not seen this truly epic film, but I would suggest it would be well worth the rental or purchase thereof for a mesmerizing viewing experience for which you will not regret your indulgence.  

After the movie, I baked some brownies, then made my Parmesan Meatballs and Pasta.  The brownies were imperfect but still edible while the Pasta was delicious.  I also found time to clear all the items from my feed reader of which I would like to make note of two.  The first was a new poll by the Earl Survey Research Lab at Texas Tech University which revealed that for the first time, more Texans support Marriage Equality than oppose it.  I did not think I would see that in my lifetime, but I will take the good news and run with it.  The margin is not great, but the results give me hope that someday Texas might join the 21st century when it comes to Equal Rights for everyone.  

The second item that caught my interest was an article on Salon written by someone with the pen name of Isaac Abel which told the story of a frat boy's 'gay experience'.  The subtitle reads "I always considered myself straight. What happened with Tom left me questioning everything about my sexuality".  In the story the author analyzes his experience and comes to the acceptance of his identity as 'not straight'.  I found his experience and his ability to relate it to be compelling and interesting, a worthy read for the small time investment which would be worth checking out if you so desire. 

The DVD put me into a Tchaikovsky mood, so I have his Piano Concerto Number 1 for today's Musical Moment.  The performance is a classic one from nearly 71 years ago (April 25, 1943) recorded live at Carnegie Hall with the legendary Arturo Toscanini conducting the NBC Symphony Orchestra and the equally legendary Vladimir Horowitz as the Piano Soloist.  You may also hear Thcaikovsky's 1812 Overture in a full length version complete with cannons and chorus over on my tumblr. 

Then as it is a stunningly brilliant sunny day, I thought we all might appreciate this collection of Sexy Studs in Swimwear on display below the video.  Of course, there is always additional inspiration to be found in the Hottie of the Day! over on my tumblr.  Thanks for the visit, come again soon.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!


































Posted by Picasa

No comments: